"Concours" 1360 for sale

Paul H

Paul,

That was the one sold at the South West Vehicle Auctions last Friday; which I mentioned on another TSSC thread.

The Auction hammer price was £9,100 + BP @ 8% + VAT

https://www.swva.co.uk/classic-car/triumph-herald-13-60-1968/

To coin an old Rootes phrase "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" !!

It is a lovely looking sound car with 28K warranted miles from new.

Regards.

Richard.

10 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

poetic crap  does the previous know its just bumped £10k  

how do you stop this diabolical motor trade rip off , its always been seriously unscrupulous since time began .

pete

I guess don't buy it. I may be wrong, but doubt it will sell at that price.

Dave

Even with only 28K miles after 50 years things will have rusted and deteriorated e.g. brakes, clutch, tyres, electrics. Paint will have aged. So it will have to had a lot of work carried out on it. Plus as Paul has pointed out an Oil leak. 

Dave

1 hour ago, dave.vitesse said:

I guess don't buy it. I may be wrong, but doubt it will sell at that price.

Dave

Sadly, people do.... and I've had more than a few new owners send me photos of their 'totally original and unrestored' cars that I've had to respond to, as tactfully as possible...

If you knew nothing about  Heralds and wanted your first one, this would seem to be the ideal car, until...

• Like 1

If the details in the previous postings are correct, and I personally have no reason the doubt them, then this needs reporting to Autotrader and Trading Standards as a gross misrepresentation if the facts. If the car was bought at auction and not directly from the previous owner and then the price bumped, this should be reported to the appropriate authorities before someone is totally ripped off. The comments in the description regarding 'club member' will bring all the Triumph based clubs into disrepute