GT6 Battery Clamp

Alan C

Some great work going on here guys! I hope to get around to it at some point to fix my leak. But, to lower the tone, I have to tell you I've tapped an empty margarine tub to the top of my glove compartment. Generally I don't go out in the rain, but just in case...... ;)  

Way back before glued in screens we were instrumental with dunstable rubber co to cut drain slots in the outer flip of the seal based on if you cant seal it let it out,

but wont work well with the stainless capping getting in the way but just a thought to cure water retention behind the seal.

we ended up with a modified sheet nibbler which made a nice shaped verticle slot in the outer lip.

had 4 spread across a truck screen.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm making slow progress with the drain pipes. Currently on the mk3 version:-

Mk1 was done using the flanged kunifer clutch pipe and Two pack epoxy JB weld to hold it in place. This initially looked just the job until I tried fitting the flexible pipe and it just fell apart.

Mk2 was with the same pipe in conjunction with a brazing torch. All this achieved was me setting fire to the surrounding masking tape. I don't think this is a viable option for anything other than as part of a much larger repair- an option for you Jon. The intense heat generated will almost certainly damage the exposed dashboard top.not to mention the bulkhead paintwork.

Mk3 was with the flanged pipe brazed onto a rectangular steel collar. This assembly will be offered up to the underside of the windscreen recess and riveted on from above. The area around the drain hole will be 'sculpted' and sealed with JB Weld. I'm hoping this will form a profile like a sink waste and increase the catchment area.

Anyway loads of photos to follow once I've finished the job.

Cheers for now

Alan