Another CT refugee..

Thanks for the link Richard, if I don't find something tomorrow I'll get on to them.   In the mean time, Iv'e cobbled something up to get me back there!

I really ought to revert to the correct SU set up, as the Strombergs have an unknown jet set up, probably for a 1300 (not the 1500 fitted). Still, it pulls like a train most of the time.... 

• 2 months later...

Ok, so 2 months have zapped past...  The Heep is mostly watertight and ready to live out for the winter.  I completed a twin tube roll over bar set-up which also has the 'B' post window sealing pillars tacked on. The cut down roof sits nicely on to the top of the roll hoops and is held down with over centre clips to the windscreen header surround and spring clips to the new metal on the roll hoops. Four clicks and it lifts off!  The load bed area is covered by a ply cover, edged with aluminium angle and held in place by 4 quarter turn spanner latches.

There is a temporary perspex screen sandwiched between the roof and the rear deck. It kept the rain out last night so I'm happy.

I took it to the East Sussex meet at Isfield last night. Poured with rain on the way over, but none in the car! Result! 

However I must look at improving the headlights. Q/H items fitted, but definitely room for improvement. 

_IGP0028.JPG

_IGP0029.JPG

Prior to the last three posts, I ordered these...

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Defender-7-Halogen-Crystal-Headlamps-Headlight-RHD-WIPAC-RTC4615C/272818009839?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Got to be better than present set-up.  I will report back.

Do add relays though. That helps no end. 

You can even use the chinese £5 looms that are simple plug and play...just need to spray some wax protect stuff around the connections. Hard earned experience

(ok, they are a bit more now...  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-9003-Halogen-Head-Light-Booster-Wiring-Harness-12V-Relay-Fuse-Base-Universal/151727268256?hash=item2353a661a0:g:0r0AAOSwCmFbOfN0:rk:12:pf:0 )