Captive hinge plates

gollane

Does anyone know of a source for the captive plates in the door and behind the A post that the hinge bolts go into.

Mine have previously been drilled and tapped over size but are not really capable of taking the correct torque setting and the door drops after a while.

Just had body restored on my Vitesse and the chap that did it cut 2 holes in each A post, took the old plates out, made new ones out of thicker plate and then welded the posts back up. It was a bit of messing about but the results are brill! I suppose however it's done, so long as it works and is an improvement its a good thing.                                                                                         Cheers, Rob

22 minutes ago, willis said:

Just had body restored on my Vitesse and the chap that did it cut 2 holes in each A post, took the old plates out, made new ones out of thicker plate and then welded the posts back up. It was a bit of messing about but the results are brill! I suppose however it's done, so long as it works and is an improvement its a good thing.                                                                                         Cheers, Rob