Deleting your own posts

KevinR

Well done Kevin.

Is there now a time limit on editing posts. I spotted a typo in one of mine from a couple of days ago, but couldn't correct it. The only options available were 'quote'  and 'options>delete'

This means I can no longer edit the heading on my Spitfire thead.

On 8/25/2018 at 5:52 PM, KevinR said:

I've just implemented a small tweak to the settings to allow users to delete their own postings.

The delete function is found via the "Options" drop down message  at the bottom of the post in question - beside the "edit" link.

Kevin. Is it possible to combine the 'edit' function, with the 'delete' function, under the 'options' header, or even add the 'delete' into the 'edit'? There does appear to be something of a time limit now before the 'edit' function disappears, or maybe there is something that I am missing. Can you advise please.

I would anticipate the delete function is only available until someone has posted after you - that's how most forums work anyway.

As for combining with the edit function, its probably not possible as it will be part of the core functionality and is just an enable tick box 

Just interesting that one function goes in and another goes out. I only mention it as both functions are useful to me and are available together on other forums. I assume that the software is bought in and tailored to suit the club/company etc. Perhaps its the 'edit' function that is only available until the next post is entered. I haven't tested that theory yet.

I would find it useful to be left open ended and I know that Karl (Bordfunker) updates his thread title as he adds items to his own restoration thread (I pinched his idea to use on mine) but if no one else wants to use the edit feature like that, then there's not much point in changing it for 2 people. I could just do with changing my heading to a generic one befiore its made permanent. It is a handy feature for correcting typos when you spot them weeks later!!