NOS (New Old Stock)

rogerguzzi

Hello All

The Memsahib,s mother passed away recently so we have been house clearing prior the sale

Now me being one to NEVER throw anything away I bought all the half tins of everthing home!(brought up in rationing times!)

What do we think the age of this tin is? the newer? one(mine is at least 15 years old I think)

But a good shake and I transfered it to my tin(waste not want not!)

Plus I think it is safer to use as there is no warning labels on it(so probably drinkable?)

Roger

DSC07992.JPG

DSC07993.JPG

Only 15 years??? :)

I bought a large can of Autoglym Polish from a man who used drive the Autoglym van into the place where I worked; I thought it was expensive at the time but I'd get value out of it. That was around 1998 / 1999... and I'm still only half way through it. The top has rusted and it's been dented but it still gives an excellent shine... I also reckon my metal tin of 3-in-1 oil is quite elderly, too, but nowhere near your mother's original tin. It's interesting to see how the list of metals: "brass copper zinc pewter"  has been replaced with "brass copper stainless steel chrome". 

DSCF5786.jpg.48a38203530a724dc1a61449a2a5d712.jpg

I did have to laugh at your choice of title, though... it sums up some people's idea of NOS, particularly on eBay: "NOS shock absorbers, done less than 500 miles..."

Hello All

A few more the castrol can from same clear out but the Vaseline came from and old Aunts cottage back in about 1984 she used to have a small shop in the front room but that must have been closed for 30+ years as I never remember it as a shop when we went to stay as a lad.

There was also blue bags and starch bags etc and this Enamel sign still wrapped up and never used so I took the fingers off and fitted a clock movement and it hangs in our entrance porch

Roger

2 of the tins are full and I have used half the other on and the grease was nearly full its a bit hard but ok for non essential machinery!

DSC07995.JPG

DSC07996.JPG

DSC07997.JPG

DSC07998.JPG

DSC08000.JPG