Hello from father and son

Marc F

Hi all. Long time Spit Mk3 owner, but now my son is looking for a GT6 project car, so I am on the hunt for a suitable car that he (and I) can bring back to life, learn new skills on and have fun with. I shall be scouring eBay, but if you know anyone who has a basket case waiting for a good home please do bear us in mind.

Marc and James

I suppose I could butt in here and mention that my brother (Mark) and his son are also looking for an early Spitfire to restore, if anyone knows of any.

(This is the same brother who used to own both my Spitfire and my GT6, but his son is a mechanical engineering student so I do hold some hope of them being able to cope ?)

Anyway, welcome tot he Triumph fold, Marc!

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, Marc F said:

Hi all. Long time Spit Mk3 owner, but now my son is looking for a GT6 project car, so I am on the hunt for a suitable car that he (and I) can bring back to life, learn new skills on and have fun with. I shall be scouring eBay, but if you know anyone who has a basket case waiting for a good home please do bear us in mind.

Marc and James

Hi Marc , looks like we are in the same boat, looking for a mk3 too, hopefully there's something up here for me, getting rid of my sports bikes.Good luck with your search

Will

Thanks guys. I am interested to see if the field is better in the "club environment" - some of the stuff out there in the public (eBay etc) is quite ridiculous. I am not looking for cheap, but a fair price that matches the condition and future work needed to get the car running again, that I am, hoping that a Triumph enthusiast will realise. The problem is that some chancers look at concours cars and assume their pile of grot is worth anything like that. The advert for the burnt out wreck (and I mean this car is 100% burnt out, so it is a shell) says that the seller knows how valuable the cars are. Well, that is true. For a good condition car. But if it is a basket case, then the costs of parts. let alone time, mean that the starting point has to be sensible. But some chancers don't realise this, or don't care.  Which is fair enough but it makes the market distorted.

But fun to try

• Like 1