Hi everyone ,new member

Will

Hi my name is Will, new to this forum , have recently retired and find its time to hang up my helmet, let me explain, have been riding bikes for some years now , Honda, Kawasaki , Triumph and Suzuki, think its time to find a different outlet for myself. Usually ride Sport bikes but getting rid and now looking for a MK2-3 Spitfire so joined this forum for advice, can strip down a bike and rebuild it , so mechanically engaged ,just think its time to go back to 4 wheels (might live longer). So thanks for accepting me into the forum.

Will

26 minutes ago, Adrian Cooper said:

Welcome Will,

You will find everything you need here. There are some extraordinary, patient, knowledgeable, resourceful and boundlessly helpful people on here who have seen it all and fixed all of it. 

Good luck with your search for a car.

Adrian

Thanks for the welcome Adrian

Will

54 minutes ago, Roger said:

Welcome to the forum Will!

48 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

ask away ,  have a good search for your next pride and joy  get to events and look at whats around gives an idea of the range of standards 

Any Triumph will  bring you a big smile, happy cars,

Pete

35 minutes ago, Gully said:

Welcome aboard - good luck with your hunt!

Gully

Thanks you guy's ,  little work to do first , like selling the bikes , and moving house, been a long time since I've  messed about with these engines but cant wait.

Cheers Will

7 hours ago, poppyman said:

Hi Wil, yes welcome to the forum..... Great bunch of guy's on here as i have found out being a newcomer.

Tony.

7 hours ago, Qu1ckn1ck said:

Hi and welcome, Will.  Good luck with the search.

Nick 

Thanks Tony and Nick, I've had the manuals out, and been looking in the forum for pitfalls , just got to find that Spitfire that I can get my teeth into, didn't realise there were so many new and used parts around , think I'm going to enjoy this.

Will

Welcome, Will!

If you're an ex-bike racer, you may want to follow Triumph Racing, or even get into it.    Several race Spitfires still out there, in Historic and non-Historic series, as well as TRs etc.     As my details on the left show, I'm a neighbour, so I'm relatively handy.  My next race will be Mallory in October, you're welcome to come along.

Buying a Spitfire, or any small-chassis Triumph, I originally used Porter & William's "Guide to Purchade & DiY Restoration" book, published by Haynes.   It includes an extensive chapter on what to look out for, including estimates for the cost of correcting the usual faults.   My copy is thirty years old, but they expressed that cost in "tyres", so that it should still be relevant.   I've found it most useful, not only to know what to look for but how to beat the seller down, when I could quote the cost of fixing the fault!

Bests

John

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Welcome, Will!

If you're an ex-bike racer, you may want to follow Triumph Racing, or even get into it.    Several race Spitfires still out there, in Historic and non-Historic series, as well as TRs etc.     As my details on the left show, I'm a neighbour, so I'm relatively handy.  My next race will be Mallory in October, you're welcome to come along.

Buying a Spitfire, or any small-chassis Triumph, I originally used Porter & William's "Guide to Purchade & DiY Restoration" book, published by Haynes.   It includes an extensive chapter on what to look out for, including estimates for the cost of correcting the usual faults.   My copy is thirty years old, but they expressed that cost in "tyres", so that it should still be relevant.   I've found it most useful, not only to know what to look for but how to beat the seller down, when I could quote the cost of fixing the fault!

Bests

John

Thanks for that John,  forgive my thickness , but how close a heighbour?

15 minutes ago, dave.vitesse said:

Welcome Will to a friendly and informative forum. As the Spit has a separate chassis it should make a good project.

Dave 

Cheer's Dave , I have the manuals which I am reading , hopefully with you guy's I can fill in the blanks, and get myself a more informed decision making.

Will

• Like 1