GT6 tubular manifold - flexible joint

Adrian Saunders

Last year I posted a picture of my 'clamping' collector box and also related how I got Bell silencers to make a straight through centre section of the exhaust (between the chassis rails). Well, I said it was a bit noisy and with September's 10CR in mind I've decided to replace this with a silencer. I'm after comfort and quiet, impossible I know but I'll get it as quiet as I can. I'm also reverting to standard suspension for the same reasons. I wanted to go with a 3:27 diff to compliment the 5 speed Type 9 but the one I bought was really shitty inside (no teeth missing) so going to stick with the 3:63.

Some tasty bracketry there Adrian!

14 hours ago, Don Cook said:

Last year I posted a picture of my 'clamping' collector box and also related how I got Bell silencers to make a straight through centre section of the exhaust (between the chassis rails). Well, I said it was a bit noisy and with September's 10CR in mind I've decided to replace this with a silencer. I'm after comfort and quiet, impossible I know but I'll get it as quiet as I can. I'm also reverting to standard suspension for the same reasons. I wanted to go with a 3:27 diff to compliment the 5 speed Type 9 but the one I bought was really shitty inside (no teeth missing) so going to stick with the 3:63.

Some tasty bracketry there Adrian!

Thank you Don. A couple of 3D prints and a few laser-cut prototypes and, hey presto, one bracket. I’ve got access to 3D cad software and a pool of suppliers so it’s all pretty easy. Do you want a bracket? 

3 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Adrian - Be warned, you are going to get a list of impossible to source spares, with offers like that... now, where's my list?

Joking apart, it would be interesting to see if the bracket fitted other cars with a 6-3-1 manifold and the sport system. 

• 1 year later...

Non high tec route for brackets I have used, get a piece of suitable flat bar cut partly through were you think the bends need to be so you can hand bend it. Offer it up shape it mark position of holes weld up the cuts drill cut off excess and fit.

But then I don't have access to 3D printer etc.

Regards

Paul