herald/spitfire

david lewis

hi all,

am  I right in thinking that the herald and spitfire are identical except obviously for the body and interior i.e. are the steering and front/rear suspension/ drive train  etc the same .

I have a spitfire engine fitted .

the reason I am asking is that I have a branch of moss Europe within walking distance who seem to cater for the spitfire and it would be much easier to get parts from them rather than paying postage from the usual suspects.

cheers

There are many similarities, but not everything. I normally use Canleys website to check part numbers, which you could then cross reference across the various models.

Personally I have always found Moss very expensive (as are Rimmers) and never even consider them unless I cannot source elsewhere. If the cost of p&p is your deciding factor on where to buy parts then you may find purchasing from Canleys or James Paddock or similar may save money even if you are paying their p&p costs. James Paddock do free shipping on orders over £10.00 and are always competitively priced.

Hi David,

It's not only Herald / Spitfire that share the same parts. I bought an engine with RD-prefix which means that it is a 1296 cc engine from a FWD Triumph (Toledo 1300 I think) and I could use a lot of parts from that engine in my Herald 13/60 (the engine block among other things). I agree with Pete and Darren, compare part numbers on the internet, or buy spare part catalogues for each model to compare. Or ask someone here!

Roger