Vitesse Mk2 Diff Mounts.

Freyasgrandad

Hi All,

Having replaced the Rotoflex set up with CV joint half shafts I've noticed a bit of a judder from the rear end on occasion.

As the gearlever doesn't move when this happens I suspect that the rubber mounts on the diff are a bit old and in need of replacement with Poly ones.

Question is can this be done without removing the entire rear suspension?

Steve

you can with a shove and a push drop the front down off its studs and then jack it back with new bushes  there is a snag with the load on the spring and the diff drops in an arc and the studs are straight  but managed to change the ones on my Vit6 (non roto)

you cant  easily change the rear mounts but these generally dont  degrade

as a bit of a bodge ive seen the front upper bushes cut /split to fit and contained with a couple of jubilee clips round the bush .  it seemed sound enough , no idea where that car is now to suggest its a way of success !!

and any work on the diff mounts do check the front plate is bolted to the diff with the correct taper shank wedgeloc bolts   132856  as the holes in the plate are bigger than the    4x  3/8"   and  must have internal star washer

beleive me if one comes loose and locks the prop you make an amazing noise followed by a lock up.

4481-Large.jpg

Pete