Nobody's perfect

JohnD

hope they get it back
There does seem to be a down side to all the publicity, in the case of the recent blue GT6 it was burnt out. I guess it became to difficult to do anything with it and there was a another recent case of an early Herald that was stolen and then again burnt out....

mike

It seems to have been recovered; let's hope in good condition with no damage.

According to the TV last night car crime is on the up again; over here we have a lot of 'creeper' burglaries where the thieves enter a house and will take keys from the owner's bedside while he's asleep only inches away. The worrying thing is that they often visit the kitchen first and get the biggest knife they can find, which is then left lying on the stairs or floor afterwards. Scary!

I understand a local builder saw it parked up and thought it odd as it had no plates on and the windows were down. 

Found some paperwork in the boot with the owners details on and now is in police hands to try and recover some forensic evidence. 

But it is all ok and little or no damage. 

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
On 09/11/2018 at 13:18, Colin Lindsay said:

It seems to have been recovered; let's hope in good condition with no damage.

According to the TV last night car crime is on the up again; over here we have a lot of 'creeper' burglaries where the thieves enter a house and will take keys from the owner's bedside while he's asleep only inches away. The worrying thing is that they often visit the kitchen first and get the biggest knife they can find, which is then left lying on the stairs or floor afterwards. Scary!

Thieves can only enter a house successfully if theres no burglar alarm on, mines always on, all day and at night, have to where I live, dont trust anyone lol, and have my walther r8 22 air rifle at the side of my bed 

• Like 1

Many years ago when hand guns were legal (with a licence) a close friend of mine was the divisional firearms officer. He had a conversation when on a routine inspection, about confronting burglars if you held a firearm. His only advice, as it was obvious that in an emergency, things may get a little 'difficult' was, for heaven's sake, don't shoot them in the back!!!

• Like 1