Herald horn

John k

It would appear that both my horns have stopped beeping, not even sure if one stopped a while ago and I hadnt noticed as they only get used at mot time! Do I need to replace both or would one do? Wiring is ok as I'm getting continuity when the horn button is pressed.

Personally, I think you need the loudest horns you can get on a classic car, given the total lack of consideration frequently displayed by drivers of modern vehicles towards classics! You can source after-market pairs of new horns on Fleabay and Amazon cheaply enough, or you could do as I did and fit a pair of Maserati air horns driven by a compressor, although you will need a relay and some wiring for that one. The resultant ear-splitting banshee scream is quite handy when you next get a truck driver who has been awake since he left Eastern Europe with a bent tachograph deciding to change lanes while alongside you, and you end up taking avoiding action by swerving into the hard shoulder...

I think you only need one for the MoT but they are not expensive and are sold in pairs on eBay and all the usual Triumph suppliers, so I would replace both if you are sure that is the problem.

In my experience horn not working is usually a bad connection somewhere, often an earth.