Found a car

iana

yes  bridge pipe = the metal + Tee   that co joins the two carbs

on 6cyl its smaller than the main feed to the pump .

the suction tube in the tank is all removable so if you have a tank with a 1/4" suction tube you can easy make up a 5/16" on and fit it in, its only a olive type seal fitting

but does need the tank out to change the tube .

without checking later cars like 13/60 may even have the common 5/16 tube anyway ..dont know .

when i fitted herald ( only one avail as new) in my Vit6 it does not have the reserve lever and the Vit pipe went straight  in 

Pete

2 hours ago, daverclasper said:

That's what mine is on Mk1 2litre, so presumably ok and I can use the 1/4",

Yes that will be fine Dave, I have not had any issues and not expecting any.

Regards.

Richard.

• 4 months later...

I'm in the process of sorting out the replacement fuel lines, I sourced the fuel pipe from Moss as I needed 2m and theyre were doing a post free offer. The pipe is 1/4" what size clips are recommended?

I've got a couple of fuel filter as there isnt one on the car - I was going to fit just before petrol pump, is it worth fitting one anywhere else?

8 minutes ago, iana said:

I've got a couple of fuel filter as there isnt one on the car - I was going to fit just before petrol pump, is it worth fitting one anywhere else?

I think one just in front of pump is normally fine (mine never seems to get dirty), though others fit more than one (there may be a question of too many restricting flow?).

Dave

I cant see the point of having more than one but as the pump itself has a filter (gauze screen) there is an argument for putting it down stream of this so the bigger debris is stopped beforehand. However in many cases theres a section of hose prior to the pump where its very easy to install the additional filter and, in my book, easy is always good👍