Additional Dial

aeroroger

Roger, 

Assuming the arrangement is similar to a Mk1, and my memory is not failing me, not too difficult but you need to undo and move to one side the centre section of the dashboard to get at all the retaining screws.  I fitted my extra dials in a panel on the dash support pad behind the gear lever (where the radio stowage normally is) and put the radio under the passenger shelf.

Dick

I have seen people actually use the air vent for a dial, the ventilation system being practically useless you might as well! :lol: But like Dick I put extra gauges on a panel in the radio slot. It looks pretty good, like it's supposed to be there. I managed to get a radio to fit on the driver's side "parcel" shelf. Yes. there is one :lol: Probably more correctly described as an envelope shelf.

I think there are only two nuts holding that section of dashboard on (the passenger side triangular bit?) - put your hand up behind after removing the glovebox and you’ll feel the nylon nuts over the threaded mounts which are screwed to the back of the wooden fascia. There is already a hole in the metal backplate, which if you’re lucky will have shaded / coloured the backing of the dash after all these years so will show you where to cut the wood. In my Mk3 I had a clock there, but also had three additional dials in the radio cut-out which are easier for the driver to see.