Scam?

dougbgt6

There are currently 50 TR6s advertised on FleaBay. Rather a lot more than the usual dozen or so. Her is one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-TR6-a-great-70s/163518105427?hash=item2612704753:g:TRcAAOSwxndcUyga:rk:7:pf:0

The seller is cooperman1275 he has 3867 other items for sale, however they all say the same thing. (Other than different @gmail.com addresses and prices.)

I AM OFFERING THIS ITEM FOR SALE IN PERFECT LOOKING AND WORKING ORDER. ALL PAPERWORK PRESENT

I AM SELLING ON BEHALF OF A GOOD FRIEND WHO DOESN'T HAVE AN EBAY ACCOUNT. HE ASKED ME TO HELP HIM SELL ON EBAY AS IT IS THE BIGGEST MARKETPLACE FOR SELLERS

PLEASE CONTACT MY FRIEND DIRECTLY AS I AM LEAVING FOR A 7 DAYS HOLIDAY TOMORROW MORNING : heor9383@gmail.com

MANDATORY PLEASE INCLUDE ITEM TITLE AND PRICE

PLEASE CONTACT MY FRIEND DIRECTLY AT heor9383@gmail.com AS I AM AWAY ON HOLIDAY AND CANNOT REPLY VIA EBAY. YOU MAY LOOSE THIS OPPORTUNITY

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING

BUY IT NOW PRICE : GBP : 9000

Some of the listings are duplicates at different prices but, nice to have so many friends!

Doug

I bought an item three days ago, and got a message from eBay stating:

"Hello ************!

We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won due to concerns with the seller's account:
Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Centre. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:" etc etc.

I've received the item ok, but not yet used it, from an electrical supplier in Walsall. As they've deleted the account, I can't go back and see what the problems actually were.

So: if he had 50000 negative feedback entries, all saying: "Rubbish - went on fire!" or "Dangerous!! Do not use!!" I can't find out... :)

scam or not i got a 'you need to remove unused apps 'etc message  from windows defender 

stupidly i clicked to clean up and everything has been wiped out emails contacts printers,office internet , photos files documents 

in process of recovery but not hopeful , 

dont do it 

Pete

Oh blimey! Don't start that again Tony! There's a multi page thread on here about the merits of assorted operating systems. There were those that wanted to REMAIN with XP and those that wanted to LEAVE for Windows 10. It got quite heated as I recall.

I think Pete should wait for the Herts & Beds resident computer Guru to get it sorted.

Doug

What's wrong with 7? My PC runs that, but the laptop is 10. 

I think the daughter's older laptop still runs Vista.

I don't back any of them up as I don't have anything on them I want to keep; in fact periodically I'll erase the entire thing and reload it all.

Re the OP: has anyone tried that e-mail address with a few bogus queries?

We went through all this on a previous thread. What's wrong is, Microsoft's  last service pack for Windows 7 was January 2015.  Extended support, meaning security updates, ends January 2020. Vista, being older, got no more security updates from April 2017. 

db

• 1 year later...