AGM

steveweblin

I have the Courier now, seems that COM want people to attend the AGM so would have thought as a minimum the date should be in calender.  There is a article about social media channels etc, so rather odd to shout out about the tools but not use them.

Totally agree! I think the future survival of this (and any other car club) very much depends on how it deals with social media, websites, and forums like this.

The positive thing is that the number of members seems to increase albeit a bit slow. We where 400 members in february, and now we have passed 600 members  :)  I think that this can also be seen in the number of posts here, there is more activity on the forum now. I would appreciate it if COM could inform about meetings etc here, and not only in the courier. I receive the courier weeks later than you guys in the UK (sometimes a month later).

/Roger.

Roger,

Very few of the CoM members frequent the forum.

To make sure that the CoM receive your comments, it is best to send an email directly to Ben Broadbent, the General Secretary - gensec at tssc dot org dot uk

Local Area Organisers are responsible for adding their events to the main TSSC website events calendar (and the Forum Calendar if they want to) but many of them do not appear to be encouraged to do so.

There does however appear to be a bit of a disconnect, where HQ Organised events, and events organised by other organisations, such as the Classic Car show at the NEC, Stoneleigh Triumph (&MG) day and the suchlike do not get entered in the events calendar as it does not appear that anyone has been tasked with doing it.

Kevin

Roger,

Very few of the CoM members frequent the forum.

To make sure that the CoM receive your comments, it is best to send an email directly to Ben Broadbent, the General Secretary - gensec at tssc dot org dot uk

Local Area Organisers are responsible for adding their events to the main TSSC website events calendar (and the Forum Calendar if they want to) but many of them do not appear to be encouraged to do so.

There does however appear to be a bit of a disconnect, where HQ Organised events, and events organised by other organisations, such as the Classic Car show at the NEC, Stoneleigh Triumph (&MG) day and the suchlike do not get entered in the events calendar as it does not appear that anyone has been tasked with doing it.

Kevin

All points taken on board.  The main reason for pubishing in the Courier from my perspective is the legal obligations any company has to produce a physical printed material sent to all members.  However, yes yes yes, the website should inform the members about the AGM and any other meeting, event etc.  Therefore, its on the agenda for the next CoM (17th May).  So all comments please send to my at gensec@tssc.org.uk 

(I just had a family funeral in the last week (following many hospital visits since January), so I'm a bit behind with everything - so if I don't reply asap - I will )

cheers

Ben

pip and frank have via Angie sent out a  invite bulk email to AO's 

maybe this could be extended to all members , within geographic possibility.

a  facility we should make more use of 

Pete

edit  copy,

You must have a CURRENT MEMBERSHIP CARD  to gain admission to the AGM  THIS WILL BE CHECKED ON ENTRY

Dear Area Organizer / Representative 

you are invited to attend the A/O Seminar at Club H/Q at 10.30am Sunday 12th April,

This is an informal meeting which gives you the Area Organizer the opportunity to voice your views and opinions and put forward questions and ideas that are club related.

This has proved successful in the past to raise ideas, improvements and opinions, and we hope with your imput it will continue to do so in the future.

Those A/Os that have preordered Polo Shirts will be able to collect them after the Seminar.  

The A.G.M will follow at 2.30pm where various reports will be given, the election of officers will take place followed by prize giving.

For Area Organizers that require an 'Area Members List' please supply Area Post Codes to Angie Hill at Club H/Q As Soon As Possible Please.

We hope to see as many members as possible attend on the day.

Looking Forward to Seeing You!!!

Pip & Frank 

Area Liaison Officers           

All points taken on board.  The main reason for pubishing in the Courier from my perspective is the legal obligations any company has to produce a physical printed material sent to all members.  However, yes yes yes, the website should inform the members about the AGM and any other meeting, event etc.  Therefore, its on the agenda for the next CoM (17th May).  So all comments please send to my at gensec@tssc.org.uk 

(I just had a family funeral in the last week (following many hospital visits since January), so I'm a bit behind with everything - so if I don't reply asap - I will )

cheers

Ben

Update.  the minutes of the 2014 AGM are now available on the home page of the website, in the download section.  Minutes will also be available at the AGM on every seat.  cheers  Ben

Thanks to COM, and all the HQ staff for a really good day at Lubenham yesterday.  A well attended AO meeting which was very sorry to say au revoir to Pip & Frank in their roles as Area Liaison Officers.  They have given fantastic unswerving support to all Area Organisers in their time in the job.  We will miss them.

We were able to welcome Chris Gunby as our new Chairman, following the retirement from the role of Vivien, who has done a sterling job over the last year or so in taking the Club forward and encouraging the embracing of social media.

A good tempered and positive AGM which it was a privilege to attend.  It was nice to see a number of ordinary members in the afternoon for the AGM, in particular one of our newest and youngest members with his father in a 1500 Spitfire.

I am sure the detail of the meeting will be disseminated by COM shortly.

Oh - I forgot the great food on offer too!