club bearing puller

Phil C

Hi All,

I have access to club bearing puller which apparently works in conjunction with the hub puller.

Has anybody used one and if so can you please  explain how it works?

Yes I know I'm being thick.

Thanks in anticipation😊

IMG_3509.JPG

Bolts in place of the brake back plate, allows you to use the puller to push the driveshaft through the bearing housing.

The alternative way is to clamp the bearing housing in the vice and hit the driveshaft through with a big hammer (after using a nut to protect threads)...

Many thanks for your assistance. 

I have already removed the driveshaft and inner bearings.

My issue now is to remove the outer bearing from the hub.

The pullers currently at my disposal are unsuitable so I borrowed the bearing puller hoping it would be the answer!

Is there a common solution here or do I have to start fabricating?

IMG_3511.JPG

Ah, Rotoflex setup...

Those outer bearings can be a b$"£h. When I did my GT6, many years ago, I took it into the workshop at Rover's engineering centre (told you it was years ago). The guy who'd been there since our cars were new said yes, they're often next to impossible to remove, and the technique they used in the day was to carefully grind away the bearing race with an angle grinder, slowly and carefully and not all the way through. Once it gets thin enough (the metal starts to blue very quickly) then a sharp tap will split it and the bearing race will come off.

Thanks Pete, now at least I know why I couldn't work out how to use it!

I have ordered another puller which I hope will be more effective. Arrives Friday.

If unsuccessful the grinder will be coming out........

And the puller you couldnt work out needs the actual non rota hub puller to go with it  so double whammy

What you had is for pullingthe bearing off a non rota drive shaft, but its not really needed vice and copper mallet will drift thenshaftbout but thats really useful to you   Ha !,,,

If you use a leg leg puller you may need to strap a  big jubilee clip around to stop the legs disengaging

Pete

Success!

Puller arrived a day early so just had a go. At first didn't look like they were going to move so I applied a little heat and hey presto.

All cleaned up for a little paint before new bearings and fun with shims🙄

Best £20 I've spent  recently!

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3514.JPG

IMG_3518.JPG