Windscreen, Top Tinted for Spitfire 1500/GT6 Wanted

JonLow

Starting full restoration of 1978 Spitfire 1500 and would like to replace original clear laminated version with a top tinted version. Believe in the day they were green tint across the top, often referred to as "Sundym" type, I believe. Anything considered, or advice would be handy.

Thanks all for the quick replies already. I am aware that Rimmers/Moss Europe have tinted screens on their website, but the pictures seem like the whole windscreen is a slight green tint! Is that legal, or very nice to look through?

I remember seeing quite a few top tinted green examples back in the day, available as an optional extra. This is the sort of thing I am interested in - clear screen with a sun shade band across the top of the screen. They seemed to be known as "Sundym" versions. I have scratched around various classic companies and also current commercial suppliers with no joy, other than a quotes for a one off at prohibitive cost.

As I am not very tall, a band like that would not be an issue for me!

sundym was a from memory a triplex fully tinted  name ,  made  in various shades often a gold tint  often found on higher spec models in the 80s 

avail on screens and drop glass.

mine had a progressive band i guess thats the effect your after 

heck knows where from these days 

do they still make the squeegee on  plastic film everyone used to have . with your name on or even the wife !!!

Pete

4 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

a gold tint  often found on higher spec models in the 80s 

Yeh, that's what I got, a higher spec model, but 70s.

Club Triumph have a plastic film one, it say "Club Triumph"  However, ELEVEN SQUID!!!!!

890410936_clubtriumph.PNG.4f0f1bc4a2024d881b1ebc563b76a77b.PNG

db

1 hour ago, dougbgt6 said:

Club Triumph have a plastic film one, it say "Club Triumph"  However, ELEVEN SQUID!!!!!

I've got them on all three cars and didn't pay a penny for them. OK, I have done 12 Round Britain Reliability Runs, which cost a fair bit...