GT6 in Andalucia, Southern Spain

Bigfella70

Hi folks, just out in Andalucia, Southern Spain and happened across a small ex MG / Rover showroom in the back streets of a town called Antequera, about an hours drive north of Malaga the other day.

On looking through the window I had to do a double take when I was met with the sight of a lovely GT6 at the back of the showroom. Had a very brief exchange with the owner who was friendly but eager to close up the premises for siesta.

Nice condition RHD (still on uk plates) Mk3, would be great to drive on some of the local roads!

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG

• Like 1

Don't think it's actually for sale. We're going to call back when there's more time to talk as the proprietor although very friendly was just about to lock the doors when I asked (in broken Spanish) if I could quickly look at the car. There are still MG / Rover emblems outside the premises and some marketing posters on walls etc. There was a workshop / storage towards the back of the building however no opportunity to see what was inside.

Will post up any further info / updates etc.

Antiquera? there is a Paradore there and as Mrs Me loves staying in them, maybe I should suggest this year's holiday should be in spain again and include antiquera.

I think she would smell a rat as I never propose a holiday.

Nice looking example, what was parked just in front of it? There looks to be an interesting set of rear lights on a white car, another oldie?

Hi Chris, Paradors are great hotels, stayed at the Córdoba and Ronda locations before. As for the other car/s present I'm afraid I didn't get chance to look properly. Was quite rushed as I'd just disturbed the owner closing the doors! Planning a revisit  for a proper look sometime!

3 hours ago, Bigfella70 said:

Hi Chris, Paradors are great hotels, stayed at the Córdoba and Ronda locations before. As for the other car/s present I'm afraid I didn't get chance to look properly. Was quite rushed as I'd just disturbed the owner closing the doors! Planning a revisit  for a proper look sometime!

Noted