Silly seat question

Rich

Apologies for a 'possible' daft question but do the seats in a Vitesse convertible MK 1 go in either way (i.e. drivers can be swooped for the passengers etc). Reason I ask is that I've taken them out to refit the carpet and now they seem to foul the doors when closing. They do look slightly different on one side compared to the other but that may just be me.

Many thanks

Rich

Hi Rich,

Assuming they are the same basic design as a Herald, then they are the same, it may just be that 40+ years in one position the frame/base has a slight twist in it where they join. Don't forget that on the seat runner you have 2 holes to adjust height at front, and on the actual seat base there are 2 holes forward/back. If you need to angle the seat away from the b-post, then on the seat base use the forward hole on the outer side and the rearward hole on the inner side.

seat.jpg

Darrens on the button, you dont use 'pairs ' of holes   need to offset front to back drillings 

illogical but you can mix and match the holes ,  and make sure the rear of the frame drops centrally onto the top of the slide runner.

if you need the rubber height blocks see the moggy minor club spares they still sell them

Pete

Seat Fitting

Components and terminology:

Seat runners - fitted to the floor, have holes for the adjuster to register in.

Subframe - runs on runners, includes adjuster lever on one side only.  Has two brackets on the front, each with two holes arranged ONE ABOVE the other.  On one side the bracket is square and straight, and on the other side the holes are set forward, so the bracket is shaped like a B.

Seat frame - on which seat is built.  Brackets at the front have two holes arranged ONE BEHIND the other. 

The subframes are handed: you should have a pair.  They should be fitted so that the adjuster lever is nearest the transmission tunnel.  This adjuster should mate with the holes in the seat runner (but won't if the seat runner has been fitted back to front).  This ensures that the holes on the bracket on the door side are a smidgen further forward than the transmission tunnel side, i.e. the B shaped bracket is nearest the door.

Choose between the high and the low hole on the seat subframe.  As suggested - this adjusts rake and/or height (with blocks).  Use the foremost hole on the seat bracket for the door side (ie the side where the sub-frame holes are further forward) and the rearmost hole on the tunnel side.  This means that the seat sits square on the subframe.  The fact that the pivot point is slightly angled, means that when the seat is tipped forward, the top moves inwards and does not hit the A post/windscreen surround. 

C.