Track Rod Gaiter rubbing the disc

Help again please, I've fitted the new coil, and was just looking things over and noticed that the N/S Track Rod Rubber gaiter is rubbing on the disc, the O/S has a couple of mm clearance, I've removed both Steering arms, and they have a number cast in, L03740WFD1M and L03638MFD1L, does any body know which is one is the o/s or n/s.

The numbers dont correspond to Canleys web page with also shows the ball joints with the nut on the bottom if I swop them over the nuts will be on the top

https://www.canleyclassics.com/triumph-gt6-mkiii-rack-and-pinion-assembly

https://www.canleyclassics.com/triumph-gt6-mkiii-upper-wishbone-vertical-link-hub

it's part number 205504 and 205505 i'm stuck on, thanks

is there any way to tell the FRONT VERTICAL LINKs apart n/s & o/s part number 209072 & 73

On a 2L Vitesse, GT6 I believe is the same, Right hand vertical link right hand thread left hand left hand thread, right hand trunnion has a reduced diameter base. Quote from workshop manual, assume they mean right hand as sitting in car facing front.

My Vitesse has a small clearance between ball joint boot and disc, is the clearance the same between disc and steering arm on both sides? if not is an arm bent.

Regards

Paul

I think the different trunnion bottoms was only true of the original parts and none of the aftermarket suppliers followed it. It was only to allow illiterate mechanics to know which one to fit where. If you just need a new arm that shouldn't be too bad. I'm fairly sure I have a spare but it's probably the wrong one ;)

Thanks Paul, I think rather than shim mine out, I have ordered a new one, if the car has wacked a curb before I got it, the boss said better safe than sorry,  I only have the Haynes manual to go on, I shall have to chase one like yours down, There is a difference of 3mm from the o/s disc to the arm compared to the n/s, thats 1/8" in old school, when the new one arrives i shall update you 

There are some flabby TRE gaiters out there - one of mine just touches the disc (and we're talking practically no resistance to a piece of paper slipped between it and the disc). If I swap it to the other side it does exactly the same - and they're NOS ones fitted last year. I do look at it occasionally, but not yet seen a mark on either the gaiter or disc after 1000 miles.

Gully