Where’s the squeak coming from ?

Paul H

Get a long screw driver and use it like a stethoscope to try and track down the area the noise is coming from.

In days gone by an egg cup full of brake fluid in the cooling system would be a cure. Not sure how that would

effect the anti freeze though.

Another source in the vicinity is the alternator. I've had the Chinese rebuilds make that noise, then 6 months or 2 years down the line the electronics fail. Not bearings but suspect "movement" in the diode pack.

Cheers, Richard

5 minutes ago, rlubikey said:

Another source in the vicinity is the alternator. I've had the Chinese rebuilds make that noise, then 6 months or 2 years down the line the electronics fail. Not bearings but suspect "movement" in the diode pack.

Cheers, Richard

It’s a dynamo , will use a long screwdriver to locate the source 

Kevlar make up in the fan belt can make lots of squeaky  creaking  racket.

You can buy a aerosol can of belt ease  ,    run the dip stick against the edges      , a good puff of talc will silence it .

A cracked pulley will also male lovely noises.

Pete

49 minutes ago, rlubikey said:

Cheers, Richard

It’s a dynamo , will use a long screwdriver to locate the source 

Found the source , depress the clutch and the squeak goes. It’s my old problem of clutch release bearing returning. The push rod from the slave is rattling against the clutch release 

Paul 

39 minutes ago, Paul H said:

Found the source , depress the clutch and the squeak goes. It’s my old problem of clutch release bearing returning. The push rod from the slave is rattling against the clutch release 

Paul 

Paul, I am sure the aluminium bell-housing amplifies the noise. As you say an old problem.

Dave

On 03/05/2019 at 13:45, Paul H said:

Found the source , depress the clutch and the squeak goes. It’s my old problem of clutch release bearing returning.

Well done Paul. You've got a ventriloquist Triumph - it can "throw" the sound from the bell housing to the water pump! Makes sense I suppose - the noise propagates straight down the crank shaft to the front and you home in on the most likely candidate.

Cheers, Richard