Carriers - pain in the *****

Graham C

A few weeks ago ordered parts from R Bros and was deliveries by DPD had no problems used reference number and sorted save place, ordered part again from R Bros now being delivered by UPS. Now I have to create an account, download apps in the hope of getting to the options to redirect the parcel. This with e mail address, password and even user I'd, which was fun setting as all user ids had been taken so typed in random letter. On passing that point I was told me I could order supplies and pay for them, great gave up.

Being delivered tomorrow so will leave note and hope.

How come some companies make life hard and expect the receiver to be a regular customer when we do not decide who the buyers use.

Graham

UPS came to my gates two Sundays ago - they were closed to keep sheep out - so they fired the box up the garden. Luckily it was a pair of shoes for my daughter, although car parts would possibly have reached the door. It's a big garden and a shoe box isn't really aerodynamic.

DPD moved from their original depot, fifteen miles away, and their regular driver told me they might have trouble delivering parcels to me after that. Their new depot... is four doors from me.

Yodel delivered a packet last week. Not in, so they pushed it under the side garden gate and left it... in the pouring rain!!! Put a note in the letter box, where it stuck in the draft excluder. Thankfully their IT sent me an email to let me know it had been delivered otherwise it would have been there all over the weekend.

i ordered and had delivered a laptop battery and a charger from amazon. i wasnt any use as laptop was beyond charging so i raised a returns  and as its a battery it shows as returnable but you have to find a corrier , nobody would do it all suggested ring custommer service, well found the number after much sherlockisms and they took a few minutes and said no we will give you  a full refund and you dump the battery and charger safely its wasnt their fault other than the shipping constraints so i now have a battery for a HP and charger spare but of little use 

an unexpected outcome   well done amazon

Pete

I bought a laptop from John Lewis to be couriered and signed for. Stayed in on the appointed day, It didn't arrive. Phoned John Lewis.

"It was left on the doorstep"

"It was supposed to be signed for by me or left with a neighbour and signed for"

"It clearly never got to my door step"

"Shall I phone the police or will you?"

"Don't do that! :o  Have a £400 discount on a replacement"

Can't have bad things said about John Lewis couriers, bad for business. 

Crime is falling apparently, if you don't report it.

Doug