Seat Covers - Park Lane Classics

rolyberkin

I have been looking at the seat covers from Park Lane Classics in leather, anyone have any knowledge of the seat covers and how well they fit, seem good value at £360 a pair, I know I will need to replace the foam on top of this cost etc.

KB

KB,

Owen's work at Park Lane is highly regarded and very good value. As he does the foams and the covers it's going to be a good fit. I got my foams from him, but unfortunately he only does black leather covers. He has offered to do me a set in chestnut but I'd have to source the hide. This is proving difficult and I can see why he doesn't want to.

Doug

Owen supplied me with foams and leather covers. They are the best things I have ever bought for my Spitfire.  The fit, the quality, the price, are all first class, but get your order in quick. There is a waiting list and he usually has a shut dowm period in the summer. 

My praise (and from others) for his work is all over this forum. His stuff is the best. I did have a few problems with the instructions but the quality of his product is renowned worldwide. I intend to get the full interior trim from him when I finally get around to respraying the car. I hope he doesn't retire before them!!!

On 14/05/2019 at 14:29, rolyberkin said:

I have ordered and joined the waiting list!:D

You may want to consider also ordering a set of the seat side panels that go in the little pockets which you will find at the bottom of the covers to clip them on to the seat frames:

http://www.parklaneclassics.co.uk/product_500-007.htm

When I fitted my covers, the side boards in my old seats were shot so I ordered a set from JP which were dreadful quality and didn't fit so I sent them back and made a set from high quality hardboard and the original metal clips. I also recommend getting several metres of pirelli rubberised seat webbing 1.5 inches wide (fleabay has a lot on offer), to replace your old ones which are also probably knackered. You should be able to use the old metal clips.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pirelli-Rubber-Upholstery-Webbing-Ercol-replacement-Webbing-2-or-1-webbing/172263178737?hash=item281baf81f1:m:m58VDgoX4LrXR5VO3mMxngw

I ordered leather seats, door cards rear wheel arch trim and any other vinyl from Owen, top man, top quality, worth the wait. Made my own boards as did badwoolf and replaced the worn out webbing using webbing from skiddaw upholstery reusing the clips

adrian

• Like 2