Hs2 carbs

Adrian

Could it be because you have the wrong jet? IIRC mini carbs at 45 degrees to the float bowls need the black jets, and Triumphs with the carbs at 90 degrees use the red jets. The black jets have a slightly longer tube which might relieve some of the twist?

I could be completely wrong of course!

I go with  Dave  the bracket needs to be at 90deg so a quick  reshape with a birmingham screwdriver should improve the return  the conversion link needs some re angling  , if only used one conversion kit on a car cost fortune for rubbish it went in the bin and the 2x1p to convert the orig waxstats proved a sensible move 

there is nothing on these conv. kits thats aligned or designed in a satifactory way, needs much bending and faffing around 

may help if you shorten the jet flex tube by a few mm.

Pete

I have a similar problem one of my HS2 carbs (the front one) as the it wont return properly off the choke. Returns ok with a poke but not with the linkage. The back one is fine. Ended up disconnecting the linkage to the front and just starting with the back on choke. Does tend to jump about a bit/back fire until warm. Tried to get an old school garage to sort it but they said it would need a full strip down, reset etc etc and it wasn't worth it so just live with it!!! Any thoughts would, as ever, be most welcome?

8 hours ago, dannyb said:

I remember the same problem when converting my hs4 carbs from waxstat. took a lot of lever bending before it allowed the jet to get back to home position.

I'm fortunate I think as my HS4 conversion was done by @rogerguzzi  (Must meet up!) or at least the carbs came from him when I was trying to sort my idle issue out some time ago and they return lovely. 

Hi all,

Birmingham Pliers applied to the offending item and seems to have worked allowing a smooth movement and removing the 'twisting' action. Sorry its upside down.

I have another question but unsure how to retitle the one thread so i'll start another one.

Adrian