Woodhall Spa (DID 2015)

Taffius

Hello,

Don't know anyone, I am right newbie to everything within this new world, only yesterday bought a classic car for the first time.

However, interested if anyone from the club is going to the Drive it Day, Jubilee Park , Woodhall Spa (Lincolnshire)?

Taffius

Casper,

Just purchased a 75' Spitfire 1500. Will try and sort my signature out to try and get a picture of it. Nothing special I know however a good start on the classic ladder and hopefully at a price before they become not a beginners purchase.

Taffius

Hello Taffius

Don't run your Spitfire down they are good fun cars and will not break the bank to keep in good order or run.

I have owned one for 5years and been to Classic Spa twice and classic Le Mans once and we are off to Spain this summer? Santader to Gibraltar and back.

They will cruise at 70+ and ours gives 40mpg when touring(but not when thashed.

I have been out with the Big Boys in their TR,s and most of them don't go any faster(I think the lack of MPG on the 6's has something to do with it?)

So they rattle and bounce a bit more? but you can have several for the price of TR's

So just enjoy.

Roger

Roger,

Thanks, just didn't want to sit on the fence or seem an over enthusiastic newbie at first so tested the water. I love the car. Took it gentle at first but I am already getting miles in and I have only had it 3 days!

Took it today for a spin in order to get Shell V-Power in it. I had engine overrun when shopping at the petrol station. Came home, didn't overrun?

Would you know if there is a TSSC Lincolnshire group?

Thanks again,

Welcome,

I too have a  1975 Spitfire1500 which I purchased several years ago.  Yes, it will run on if you use regular petrol but as you found out, a better quality fuel, such as V-Power, will stop this happening.  Used the car today to drive to work down the country lanes.  Much more enjoyable than driving along the A1 in the BMW.  You might as well combine pleasure with work.

Graham