Triumph GT6 Mk3 Jack

Alan C

Hi Everyone

Has anyone got a photo of an original jack for a GT6 Mk3? When I bought the car in 1986 there was a jack in the boot but I've never been able to find out if it was the correct one for the car.

Cheers

Alan

I bought my car in 1978 when it was 5 years old and I still have the original jack and most of the tools. Jack and tools were kept in a dull red vinyl bag secreted in the spare wheel. The jack is a scissor jack and extremely dangerous, I never use it, I have a bottle jack and axel stands. The jack winder clips under the luggage shelf over the spare wheel, it's only purpose now is to brace the luggage floor and stop it bowing. :lol:

The jack was originally painted black but the winder blue, as it happens I've just repainted them both in Hammerite smooth blue which is pretty close to the winder's original colour. (I know, too much time on my hands!  :lol: )

Additionally there was a stubby type wheel brace and a couple of spanners.

I'll see if I can take a picture of the jack if you're interested.

Doug, what bottle jack do you have? I have looked, but cannot find one anywhere that is low enough to go under a car if it has a flat tyre (which is, after all, the purpose of the thing)

Otherwise I will have to carry a scissor jack.

Events where I have to swap wheels, I take a small trolley jack, but not keen on that being a permanent fixture in the boot. (and next issue is how do I take 4 wheels/tyres to a trackday or autosolo in a spitfire??!)

My bottle jack is quite old and under 5 inches which is quite low, most 2 ton jacks these days seem around 6.5 inches. Did see this on Ebay  around 5 inches, 1.2 tons and, electric! :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Automatic-Electric-Hydraulic-Bottle-Jack-1-2-Ton-Tonne-Car-Caravan-Lifting-/400730382333?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d4d645ffd

So far I think I've been fortunate all tyre incidents have only been partial deflation.