Puma powered spitfire - shiny body?

phew.. 2000 grit is for final flatting before polishing. I'd recommend 1000 grit for cutting back the orange peel. 

Advice I was given, a long time ago was to "cut the inside corners first, as the outside edges will look after themselves".   In short., meaning flatten (with a flatting block) the inside corners of the stepped reliefs first.

Pete

Been a little distracted this afternoon. Got the bonnet sort of done with 2000. Think i will try to finish that off in-between being a taxi service.  There might be something coming up in the near future, early days.

19 minutes ago, NonMember said:

In my (admittedly limited) experience, features like the grills tend to get painted more carefully and get a proper wet finish, meaning they don't suffer as much orange peel as the large flat areas.

Thats what has happened! For some reason , even though painted at the same time the grills are flatter!

I have it on good authority that he's having a day off today..  you know, feet up, room service, constant attention, lazing around type day.   He came around to help me with Katie  yesterday and I think my driving (to assess the handling in corners) must have more than he could cope with ;)

Pete

9 minutes ago, Bfg said:

I have it on good authority that he's having a day off today..  you know, feet up, room service, constant attention, lazing around type day.   He came around to help me with Katie  yesterday and I think my driving (to assess the handling in corners) must have more than he could cope with ;)

Pete

Oh whoops, but did you identify the problem?