Radio noise - Blaupunkt Hamburg

Right. Got the old radio out including several, what appeared to be, miles of redundant wire, and roughly connected up to power and earth. Well, it lights up, but as for the instructions to set it up, probably the worst that I have ever come across. No reference to setting the clock or the pre-set stations. Colin, if you or anyone else with one of these can help, I would be grateful. Not connected up any speakers yet so I don't know what sort of noise it gives out, if any. Tried searching on the web for instructions but no joy so have contacted the seller, also about the missing release 'pins' and lack of SD slot. Not being mean considering the price but thought that I would ask about it.

BW,

Yes these Chinese radios have very poor instructions. Does the radio have two 8 pin female connectors on the back? One is power and the other everything else. Power connector needs TWO 12v supplies and earth. One 12v from the ignition, one from the battery, it needs the battery to maintain settings and the ignition to turn on and off. Mine came with female and the male connectors with coloured wires. There is a loose standard for the colours. Mine also has phono connectors, these are NOT the speaker connections. If you have what I've described I'll try and find the pin outs on the sockets.

radiocolours.PNG.703cc34a2b589711df01b2378a3f0334.PNG

Doug

Iain - Scottish no, Yorkshire blood (that's Scottish blood with he charitable gene removed - Apologies to any Scottish readers), but living in the North West but not sure how that helps with the instructions??

Doug - I have sorted the connections but am having trouble with the programming. There is nothing on the box about the clock and setting any stations as pre-sets is good fun. Pressing the controls in a ordered manner does not appear to help very much. Nice clear signal in the garage though, not much bass but I may get a couple of Colin recommended Radiomobile pods for the front. Only testing on one speaker at the minute. A little warm in the garage at the moment. Colin has two of these units so he may have a little more knowledge of this.

It seems most things are programmed through the remote; I found these photos but will keep looking for anything more... concrete... I never set the clock on mine the entire time I had it in the Mondeo, nor did I preset any of the radio channels, since as I have no permanent power in the Gt6 it won't remember any of that anyway....

radio.jpg.9e8d75dd55dda1169d76dbf737e368a5.jpg remote.jpg.6af52ebe8be475d5d2dc302a307cf43e.jpg

This is my radio, it's shallow enough to sit on the shelf to the right of the steering wheel. You can't actually see it in the driving position, which is fortunate as I haven't figured out how to stop the disco lights. The volume control is unusual, they're normally on the left, but in the middle I can reach it without struggle.  I'm offered to set bass, treble and "loudness" briefly after turn on, rotating and pressing the nob sets each level. Again I haven't figured out how to do it with the remote, which is what I mostly use. 

radio.PNG.0d58621da44e9b13975456c6ac7fbd56.PNG

BW,

there's a clue in my name.

Douglas  :angry:

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

This is my radio, it's shallow enough to sit on the shelf to the right of the steering wheel. You can't actually see it in the driving position, which is fortunate as I haven't figured out how to stop the disco lights. The volume control is unusual, they're normally on the left, but in the middle I can reach it without struggle.  I'm offered to set bass, treble and "loudness" briefly after turn on, rotating and pressing the nob sets each level. Again I haven't figured out how to do it with the remote, which is what I mostly use. 

radio.PNG.0d58621da44e9b13975456c6ac7fbd56.PNG

BW,

there's a clue in my name.

Douglas  :angry:

Doug, To use this radio you have to jack up the rear of the car and have flashing lights under the car. Plus lots of bass.

Dave

I have given up. Spent a considerable amount of time last night trawling the internet for a manual,, and this morning trying to do something useful with the remote... wasre of time. There are a lot around under various names all offering different functions from what appears to be the same unit. Mine was actually listed as offering BT (bluetooth), DAB and SD card, none of which I can find and what with no removal pins or full programming instructions I have listed it for a return. I will give this one a try...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Retro-Car-Radio-MP3-Player-Stereo-USB-AUX-In-FM-Car-Stereo-Audio-Set/202715356599

It is longer in the body, 10cms, but should be easier to fit than the old cassette job. It also looks more in keeping than the modern 'disco' units.

18 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

I have given up. Spent a considerable amount of time last night trawling the internet for a manual,, and this morning trying to do something useful with the remote... wasre of time. There are a lot around under various names all offering different functions from what appears to be the same unit. Mine was actually listed as offering BT (bluetooth), DAB and SD card, none of which I can find and what with no removal pins or full programming instructions I have listed it for a return. I will give this one a try...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Retro-Car-Radio-MP3-Player-Stereo-USB-AUX-In-FM-Car-Stereo-Audio-Set/202715356599

It is longer in the body, 10cms, but should be easier to fit than the old cassette job. It also looks more in keeping than the modern 'disco' units.

Hi Badwolf that’s the same as mine A4AC4BD9-4414-45D1-BB9B-681C4DB68544.thumb.jpeg.484dbf90eacee67b0835235026ce410f.jpeg

though purchased an enclosure unit which cost the same price as the radio .! Works fine though a hifi buff would probably disagree . Status Quo comes through fine 

Paul 

Just now, Badwolf said:

Paul - Did you get decent programming instruction?

Yes though as you would expect somewhat vague . The radio is light in weight and shallow enough to be held on by 2 screws on the dashboard lip . Would I buy one again , yes 

Paul 

• Like 1

Thanks guys for all your posts. It certainly put me off putting all the sound through the mono original left hand speaker. So I now have 2 new speakers in the back and the original speaker is also wired up as front left. Only had one drive out listening to the best stereo classic car album ever (Queen: A Night at the Opera) and it’s fab, but I am tempted to put a ‘front right’ speaker just to the right of the steering column on the right. So thanks again all. 

BCEF0A8E-9BED-4C57-A2CD-1CFAE905DE8B.jpeg

84E33E40-8A78-444B-A1AB-25E081E34181.jpeg

1359232F-56B7-4915-BE6F-11027C593FA0.jpeg

D586EBD8-CE86-4D31-9867-7EA32C6194D0.jpeg

16EF0E2B-792A-408D-89E8-F804A143C444.jpeg

At home I have a Yamaha av amp connected through a mix of old speakers, front centre, old  celestion, front l & r dynax 15" bass + tweeters, 2 altax sub woofs, rear down, old audiomaster 12" and rear top jbl monitor 1. All fed from lg bluray dvd, thorens turntable, aiwa cassette deck and jvc vcr and a dreadful virgin box thingy Yes a right mixture across time.
I also use elsewhere a mached pair of behringer reference amps 500watt rms each into switchable mixture of eight 15"/18" mains plus sub woof. I don't think all that will fit into the Spit but it might drown the boy racers!

3 hours ago, Badwolf said:

I have given up. Spent a considerable amount of time last night trawling the internet for a manual,, and this morning trying to do something useful with the remote... wasre of time.

That's a pity. I went out five minutes ago, wired mine to an old 12v battery, and set the clock to that time. Yellow and red wires must be connected as well as the earth.

It's all done through the remote: button 12 till clock comes on, select with button 8, press and hold 12 till it flashes, and set. Sometimes it takes the button to be held for two or three seconds until things start to flash but mine seemed easy enough to do. You may well have gotten a duff one. Let us know if they refund ok.

clock.jpg.999ba2ffed473567d70283bbc0ed830c.jpg REMOTE.jpg.f4fffd8e29835f5226259a8476d37f5a.jpg