Radio noise - Blaupunkt Hamburg

Colin - Tried pressing and holding every button on the remote. Did get radio 2 eventually, but figured it may take a very long time to sort all the so called functions by trial and error, especially left/right, front/rear speaker balance, assuming that they actually exist. Thank you for trying for me.

1 hour ago, Badwolf said:

... by the way, I think that the two holes in the top left are a microphone.

That's all I can think of too - the mic for the phone?

I took the battery out of the remote and cleaned it when first used, as I wasn't sure what condition it would be in; no idea if this made any difference or not as I'd already removed the plastic contact breaker that it came with. To be honest all I'll ever use it for is playing music through the USB, no phone, and probably no radio as my aerial isn't even connected to the old one!

If you've already purchased another one, let us know how that compares. I'm always experimenting.

BW,

A turntable! Serious stuff.  I got Denon CD and amp and Dynaudio speakers. The amp is good, the speakers extraordinary,  but CD player not so, skips and jumps on CDs that play fine in the car, I need something better. Denon are now made in Vietnam, not even China! 

Doug

Sorry, forgot the quarter inch open reel Akai stereo auto reverse tape deck (wanted a Revox but too expensive) and the Tascam digital recorder. Most of my stuff is old but still sounds good. I do morn the loss of my Rogers Ravensbourne Amp and separate VHF tuner, when they wore out.

Hi Badwolf,

I can figure out the wires to the radio. But I guess you have already figured that out!

Sorry, cannot help with the programming of the thing.

I would be interested if the black wire is internally connected to any other wire. ie. 2 or 4 of the other wires (speaker connections)?

Cheers,

Iain.

22 hours ago, Jonathan Pryse said:

Thanks guys for all your posts. It certainly put me off putting all the sound through the mono original left hand speaker. So I now have 2 new speakers in the back and the original speaker is also wired up as front left. Only had one drive out listening to the best stereo classic car album ever (Queen: A Night at the Opera) and it’s fab, but I am tempted to put a ‘front right’ speaker just to the right of the steering column on the right. So thanks again all. 

BCEF0A8E-9BED-4C57-A2CD-1CFAE905DE8B.jpeg

84E33E40-8A78-444B-A1AB-25E081E34181.jpeg

1359232F-56B7-4915-BE6F-11027C593FA0.jpeg

D586EBD8-CE86-4D31-9867-7EA32C6194D0.jpeg

16EF0E2B-792A-408D-89E8-F804A143C444.jpeg

Jonathan - To restore your thread. Your radio and speaker upgrade looks wonderful. After hijacking your thread for hifi, radio purchase/programming etc, I'm sure that we are all grateful for you starting it off and provoking 4 pages of chat. You could say.. 'It's a kind of magic', but I won't 'cause that might start something else going!!!

• Thanks 1