Vitesse MK2 emissions Valve

rolallan

Afternoon all,

I've recently fitted a very shiny refurbished pair of 150CDS Carbs which should be correct for my car and replace the very aged and incorrect 150CDSE carbs that have been on the car since i bought it.  The reason for the change is that the carbs were getting close to needing a restoration and these originals were available so i thought it's a good time to go back to standard.

The goods news is they went in fine and the engine runs well with them attached, no issues there.  

My query is around the Emissions Valve.  On the older 150CDSE carbs, the rocker had a hose to a T-Piece that attached to each of the carbs.  The new carbs do not have this breather port, as they are older, and i do not have an  emissions valve.  Not a problem, i can get one with all the parts i need for around £100, irritating but i'm okay with getting it back to standard.  However, how does it attach to the car, the one piece that seems to be hens teeth is the mounting bracket itself, part 143313.  What i'd like to know, other than whether anyone has a spare, is how it mounts to the car or if anyone can share some photos of how it fits.

Many thanks everyone,

The valve is mounted above the inlet manifold on the unobtainable (but esily fabricated) bracket, which is fitted on one of the manifold studs. My Vitesse is a Mk1 so the manifolds are a bit different but the same system was used on Mk3 Spitfires with the staggered ports. I don't have a photo to hand and can't really leave my desk to pop out to the car just now but maybe I can snap one when I get home.

It's only a strip of metal drilled at either end, one for the manifold bolt and one for the valve. It forms a sort of an 'S' shape, possibly to keep the hoses away from the hot manifold.

If you get hoses for one, make sure you get silicon versions, they keep their shape and don't collapse when bent.

DSCF6654.jpg.5fad4d759e363dc11aa4a6188436eb6f.jpg DSCF6655.jpg.89ee776eca5ee1dcc928d4854b0c7cfa.jpg

Both sets of photos are really helpful, thank you both.  I'm going to buy the complete emissions valve kit from Lincolnshire this week  then make up a bracket for it.  I might do a trial with some meccano first, to get the sizing right.