Choosing a hood

Webbo

Canvas and mohair look the nicest, decent quality vinyl is the easiest to live with!

personally, I would by an "everflex" one, that is the vinyl that RR used to specify.

Don Hoods have a good reputation, along with some other companies. Not the cheapest, but having tried fitting a cheap hood (came with a car) the extra is well worth paying for.

Would also recommend the club shop. I went for their best vinyl quality with the zip-out rear window, and was impressed with the fit and service. The zip-out rear window makes the folding and stowage easier, although the quarter windows are still a pain.

Regards

Steve

Just a couple of clarification points.

The club shop hoods are from Don Hoods, and Double Duck is another name for canvas.

We no longer offer the canvas hoods as they were only about £10-15 less than mohair and canvas is not as good as mohair as it shrinks. I have had a mohair club hood on my herald since 2007 and it has never been garaged in that time, nor even had a cover over it during the winter and apart from some green algae where I haven’t cleaned it as often as I should it is as good as the day I fitted it, no signs of wear or shrinkage. I do concur about the zip out rear window as I wished I had chosen that option now as it makes folding the hood down so much easier.