GT6 Mk1 Part number and Description?

AidanT

Hi All

Wondered if I can get some help in identifying a part and where to source a replacement.

The best visual I can find is described on the following link as a guide plate but its on the wrong car shown as no: 9 on the below link

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/body-fittings-side-rear.html

As I don't actually have one on my car its really difficult to work out exactly what it is and what the part number should be and I cant find any pictures ! 

On the edge if my rear hatch there are definitely two bolt or screw holes for this part to be fitted and although the hatch shuts ok it does spring back a little against the seals - I have added a picture below

Can anyone help?

Aidan

post-170-0-90108800-1429556626_thumb.jpg

Aidan,

What you are missing is a casting called the catch plate which slides into the the white nylon fitting on the main body.  My old Rimmers catalogue has it under 619384 (sounds like the Triumph nos) but any of the usual suspects (Canley Classics etc) or Mike Papworth (details in The Courier) has lots of bits lying around.

Dick

Same problem as Herald doors - the profile of the currently available rubber seal is quite often wrong, it’s too thick and prevents the hatch from sitting flush. Try Bill at Rarebits for the flap-type seal that he sells for doors, it’s not a tubular-type construction so seals without having to be compressed too much.

Hi thanks - Pete yes the plate that fits to the hatch has "oval" shaped holes but I can't immediately see how would adjust the seating positioning of the hatch - The seal may well be wrong as its quite a push to get the hatch to the right position - it definitely looks tubular to, Thanks Colin for the info on the seal  - I will have a look at that

Aidan

Hi again - Just checked the hatch by removing the current seal and it closes far deeper than needed when its not there - so I will get the seal from ReareBits - interestingly he shows it as a door seal and has the round one as the hatch seal. 

One other slight problem I still have the original white "plastic" catch plate on and the screw heads are completely rusted up! Any thoughts on how to remove it? It looks like there's no access to the other side, so I will soak then in penetrating oil but if that doesn't shift them - any thoughts?  Are they screws or bolts? they seem to have a cross shape head but aren't pozi-drive or phillips

Aidan