Argos Angle Grinder £15

Paul H

Cheap ones are often perfectly fine for quick jobs but I wouldn't want to run one for long. Stay mindful of the recommended duty cycle for the sake of the bearings and motor. 

However,  I'd buy a cheap lump hammer, but there's something unnervingly brutal about an angle grinder doing a billion rpm a foot from my chest that makes me wonder about the wisdom of saving a few quid.  Am I a chicken? .... maybe, but a chicken with a full set of limbs, digits and eyes.  You pays yer money, you wears the appropriate amount of safety gear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

How many people where safety gear using a hammer?.

An incorrectly hardened and tempered head also the way heads are attached to handles can be very dangerous.

Regards

Paul

I do have an incorrectly hardened head... so I wear a hard hat??!!!   Sorry, I'll leave now!!

Cheap tools can be good. I bought a hammer drill from b&q for I think £11.75 three house moves including two refurbs a lot of use still working fine. I also have an old proline angle grinder must have had that 11 years it's also had some hammer but it is on its second set of brushes. 

• 3 weeks later...