Car Plan... Demon Shine

Paul H

Haven't tried it myself but would be interesting to see what "ingredients" are in it and how long it lasts. In the world of detailing this would be classed as a QD (quick detailer) which is an easy way to add gloss and protection for a few months. Most of these contain SI02 which is silicone based and provides a real deep glass like shine.

I tried it once but for some reason - frantically trying to remember exactly what - I stopped once the bonnet top had been done and removed it again, which was a devil of a job. It reacted with something, or something else went wrong and I was worried about my paintwork.

Tony      you should have detox you car air con then   dont want a nice green slimy condenser   but joking apart 

get a can and fire it off in the footwell....something most dont service....can be deadly

anyone remember the outbreak along the M4 corridor ???

Pete

• Like 1

The issue with some polishes is durability. It's not a job I fancy doing very often. I've been a fan of Mer for years. 500ml is about 8 quid and I've used it so infrequently the one I bought about 10yrs ago is still about 1/3 full. As usual the downside is white deposits in awkward areas, but a nicely chewed matchstick sorts it out around your badges etc. 

6 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Tony      you should have detox you car air con then   dont want a nice green slimy condenser   but joking apart 

get a can and fire it off in the footwell....something most dont service....can be deadly

anyone remember the outbreak along the M4 corridor ???

Pete

The only air con in my Triumphs, are the windows Pete. :)  My modern is a lease car so goes to the dealers (VW) So i hope they do it.... It did smell better when it came back a few weeks ago, but good tip all the same.

Tony.

• Like 2

Pleased your smelling better !!!

This is something that should be flagged as an annual  requirement   ,  with so many cars now having air con but like many service needs

Is not considered, having just serviced a Corsa never had an oil change in 7 years,  the idea you need to clean the bacteria off the 

Air con is not in any minds .

It can be extremely dangerous not so  fresh air

Like the open window but many modern aerodynamics just get loud buffeting unless you fit deflectors

70 mph with window open on the 2000 is fine , on a modern deafening vibrations.and boom.

Pete

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Anyone wish to return to the good old days of Simoniz hard wax or One  Step    the sort of stuff we earned pocket money 

Polishing Dads car on a Sunday morning ????

Pete

Carnauba Wax.... one of the reasons I've got a duff shoulder. The car shines well, though...

I'm wary of 'instant shine' products; closest I ever got was that liquid gloss finish from Autoglym and it really needs to be applied over a spotless and already polished car.

On 06/08/2019 at 21:44, Conor L said:

Haven't tried it myself but would be interesting to see what "ingredients" are in it and how long it lasts. In the world of detailing this would be classed as a QD (quick detailer) which is an easy way to add gloss and protection for a few months. Most of these contain SI02 which is silicone based and provides a real deep glass like shine.

Hi,

SiO2 = Sand?

Is that like T-Cut?

Cheers,

Iain.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I don’t really rate DS to be honest. There is a reason it’s cheap and available almost anywhere. I’d go for something like MistX or Nanolex Wash Coat if I really wanted something easy to top up protection. You can’t beat a bit of insulator wax though and the Autobrite hell shine sealant is also excellent. Need to have pretty well prepared paintwork for it to adhere correctly though.