Wide Aluminium Radiator for 1500 Spitfire

Black Cat

Who has brought a wide aluminium radiator from either Germany or the Netherlands on eBay and did you have to pay any additional taxes over and above the eBay price when it was delivered?

Secondly, is there a distributor in the UK who supplies them at a similar price?

Many thanks

I got a Honda Civic ally rad really cheap off ebay coming from the Netherlands and had nothing to pay over the advertised price - we're in the EU which has a no tariff trade agreement between its members😲 And really pleased with the rad.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Row-Aluminium-Radiator-For-Triumph-Spitfire-MK3-MK4-1500-1964-1978-1977-1978-/132978956398?hash=item1ef629d86e

I got this one from Germany. Postage free and of course no duty to pay, until we leave the EU 🙂

It was a quick delivery and it fitted very well. standard hoses fit. You have to bend up the fan protector to avoid the fan hitting it but that's easy peasy. I think it is in that position for transport reasons.   I have been very happy with mine.

Danny

20 hours ago, dannyb said:

I got this one from Germany. Postage free and of course no duty to pay, until we leave the EU 🙂

Danny

I don't want to mention the 'B' word, but . . .

In theory when it has happened purchases between the UK and the EU should be free of the exporting counties VAT but subject to the importing counties equivalent.

Duty free should also be reintroduced.

But who knows. 🙄