Anyone got an old Girling catalogue?

Colin Lindsay

I need to identify a set of old brake shoe return springs, I suspect very early TR, but can't check.

Reference is as in the photo, GB.41241. The other long number comes back as everything from Commer van to David Brown tractor....

Does anyone have any good reference catalogues for the period of about 1950 - 1955 and can check or point me in the right direction?

DSCF7110.jpg.dfa915c796a6270057eff6731407489a.jpg DSCF7113.jpg.b08acc31dd303508efb81211b04d70ba.jpg

Colin as suspected I have nothing that early. The CTVIA sequenced number could be a manufacturers reference , shoe returns springs were common across a particular type of drum brake  range varying only if they needed modifying to clear the rotating hub or fixing screws but this was unusual . so yes you could get the same spring used across a whole gambit of drum brake  assy part numbers that varied due to w cyl size , shoe width , frictionmaterial , backplate fixing configuration , offset ( dimn from mounting face to shoe width centreline. where did you get the info from ref Commer …..David brown etc , that may help to narrow it down to a specific drum brake type.