1966 Vitesse Dashboard/Interior Screws

martyn wright

Hi All!  Dashboard Screws:  on the Wooden Facia I have Chrome bolts on each side to hold the wood in place!  On the top of the Dash I had stainless steel Slot screws on the Vents and Fishers?  when I went on Canley Classics to check, they had BLACK screws?  Does anyone know if the Black screws are for the Mk2 Vitesse and the Stainless Steel for the Mk1 1600 please?  I did take the Slot Stainless Screws off my Mk1 originally!  I Think??  (It was 22 Years Ago!!)  As I think it matters!

Kind regards

Martyn

No8 x 1 inch, black - DO NOT pay the exorbitant prices some suppliers are selling them for! I've already found them at 45p each from a Triumph supplier, 23p from an MG supplier, 10p each from an Industrial Fixings supplier, and (although possibly with a flat head, not domed) £10.80 for a pack of 200 from The Screwshop.

I searched for Screw Black RSD CSK No8x1 and got quite a few listings. 

The top screws are all as stated satin black screws, some are raised countersunk pozi-drive type and go through the outer and middle dash surround retaining strips, the others are standard pozi-drive that go through the heater de-misting strips.

The wood dash fixings are chrome raised countersunk type with matching cup washers, a couple of them may well be 4 BA Size or similar with nuts, the others are self tappers but going on memory here a bit so here's a scan of the Canley Classics page, a Mk2 dash but most of the fixings the same I believe😉 

vitesseii_plate_ax.jpg