Enjoying the forum

Hi all,

I've recently rejoined the club after several years away and just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the forum.

I've had a Mk3 GT6 sat in my garage for about 10 years now waiting for a complete restoration. Well the kids have grown up, I have a little more time to spare and I recently sold my 1980 Triumph Bonneville T140 E, which has freed up some funds, so I finally decided to take the plunge and get on with the job. I've been stripping the car down since January and now that bit is complete I'm at the cleaning, repairing and buying new parts stage of the project.

I'm finding the wealth of knowledge on this forum invaluable in the restoration process. I've no doubt that I'll be pestering you all for info as the months and probably years go by.

Thanks again to all who have responded to my post so far and also to those who run the forum. I'm sure it is a very time consuming thing to do!

Captain

• Like 1

Your story sounds very familiar! My GT6 sat in the garage for 15 years, I did bits and pieces but then, an injection of funds, followed by my daughter announcing she was getting married  "And by the way, I want the GT6 as a wedding car".   :o   7 months of solid effort but I made it!

I found the old forum and the people on it invaluable during the rebuild. The new forum is getting there, it has the same people, why wouldn't it?

my daughter announcing she was getting married  "And by the way, I want the GT6 as a wedding car".   :o   7 months of solid effort but I made it!

That's just what my daughter said, although marriage is probably a few years away yet......I hope!

Try getting a lass in a wedding dress in the car, gave away a lass and she wanted a Porsche

well Im shoe horned in the back, shes got feet on dash board with with a drive through Salisbury

Can Can fashion on show .... not for the faint hearted

so make sure you all fit inside respectably. ?...!!!!

Pete

Regardless of practicalities, isn't it wonderful to hear of brides asking for Dad's old Triumph (or anyone's similar type old car for that matter) rather than the default white limousine, usually a DS420, Beauford or (if you can afford it) a pre-war Rolls-Royce.  :)

(or if you don't know cars, being conned in thinking you have a pre-war Rolls-Royce....... :angry: it happens!)

Ripping the passenger front seat out of an open top Triumph could work reasonably well  B) Some do that with Beaufords.

I was alarmed to hear my daughter's wedding dress had hoops in the skirt bit so I asked "Do you really want to do this? How about a trial run?" Problem was I wasn't allowed to see the frock so I took the car around to her sisters and made my self scarce. They later summoned me and pronounced it do able. On the day I did have a bit of a problem accessing the gear shift and handbrake under her skirt but the worst bit was letting the new son-in-law drive his wife to the reception in the car. More nerve racking than the rest of the ceremony. :o

Regardless of practicalities, isn't it wonderful to hear of brides asking for Dad's old Triumph (or anyone's similar type old car for that matter) rather than the default white limousine, usually a DS420, Beauford or (if you can afford it) a pre-war Rolls-Royce.  :)

(or if you don't know cars, being conned in thinking you have a pre-war Rolls-Royce....... :angry: it happens!)

Ripping the passenger front seat out of an open top Triumph could work reasonably well  B) Some do that with Beaufords.

It's all stretched Hummers round our way....

They do the brides by day... and the slappers by night.

had the lost gearknob on a Photo shoot at Brooklands ,  the guy in charge of the publication was ..HUGE  

a VX4/90 got lost so he jumps in my Vit6 and asks for a lift....   everything but the drivers window winder disappeared

dont know what was used to get the gears but we took off and he made comments about gee this things  Bl..dy quick....I nearly said try it unladen

pete