Rough running

NickT

Hi all.

My Mk2 Vitesse has suddenly started to misfire at around 2-3k revs when under load. when ticking over it sounds fine. Its now running Accuspark dizzy,coil and leads with new plugs. has been running really well up to last week.Timing seems spot on, ive now changed the diaphrams in both stroms. pulling the choke out seemed to make it worse and stalled it. It does seem to feel like a fuel issue.

Any info or ideas will be appreciated.

Bit of a pain as i use her everyday for work.

Cheers Nick

1 minute ago, NickT said:

Hi all.

My Mk2 Vitesse has suddenly started to misfire at around 2-3k revs when under load. when ticking over it sounds fine. Its now running Accuspark dizzy,coil and leads with new plugs. has been running really well up to last week.Timing seems spot on, ive now changed the diaphrams in both stroms. pulling the choke out seemed to make it worse and stalled it. It does seem to feel like a fuel issue.

Any info or ideas will be appreciated.

Bit of a pain as i use her everyday for work.

Cheers Nick

Hi I’m running same system on my mk2 vitesse and had similar issues , the screw holding the electronic points in the dizzy had loosened and moved towards the magnet and was catching just a fraction . Just enough to cause misfire . Readjust and tighten and all ok for me 

Paul 

• Like 1

Hi.

Just checked in dizzy. The module was all good, but the advance rod had managed to unhook itself from the plate. Been for test run and all fine and dandy again. 

Thanks for the heads up Paul.

Had no issues with this set up till now. will see how it goes.

Cheers again till next time

Nick

• Like 1