LIDL/ALDI TOOLS

Badwolf

21 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

GT6 is outside under its' new cover while I'm undersealing the TR7.... and it's absolutely BUCKETING down! This will be the acid test for the new cover...

And the verdict on the outdoor waterproof covers is: RUBBISH.

The GT6 is soaking. 24 hours out, heavy rain last night, and it's just gone straight through. Use them as an indoor dust cover only.

47 minutes ago, poppyman said:

Why not take it back for a refund?

It really is poor - water is all over the car and in large drops on the bonnet, where the cover was hanging free between roof and front edge, so it's obviously come right through. The roof and rear screen were stuck to the cover with moisture. I really intended them for light outdoor use ie wheel the car out while I'm blasting or undersealing one of the others, or need a bit more room temporarily, but that test period was only 24 hours at most and it would have been less bother to put the car outside uncovered. So: I may return one, but keep the other two as indoor dust covers on unused cars. They're good value for that, especially as all of my old sheets end up being used for other things like home diy.

On 23/09/2019 at 09:11, Badwolf said:

Coming up from Thursday 26th September 2019

Lidl - Impact Driver 20volt £59.99 (the range of 20v tools I have bought has been of excellent quality) and corded £39.99, Battery Charger £13.99 (I have the Aldi version which is excellent and this one will probably be very similar) along with other car tools, cover, spanners, trolley jack, mini compressor, satnav and other things

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/online-leaflets/26-09-02-10-lidl-weekly-2/view/flyer/page/10?ar=7

None of the cordless versions in two of my local branches; that leaves me one final port of call for tomorrow. I like the look of the battery charger. 

I also like the look of the windscreen cleaner... mine's almost grey on the inside, just found that out this morning when the car was cold...

Aldi Car stuff on this Sunday 6th October 2019

Covers, jacks, battery chargers, oil creeper plus other stuff.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2019-10-06?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3AMotor+Accessories&page=1

I have two of the battery chargers and can recommend them. I can't tell if the current ones on offer are exactly the same. Either get them on-line or 10:00am on Sunday morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Slight thread drift... or maybe stagger

On Lidl today 17/10/19 Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon for £17.40 for 6. Also some other French white for £2.99 bottle. Probably not up to Doug's standard and might be good for removing waxoyl, but hey, the party season's coming up so might be a good time to stock up. Also both tesc* and arsda have 25% off 6 bottles at the moment.

A1di have drills and other tools on Sunday 20/10/19

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2019-10-20?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3ADIY&page=0

Probably..., already suggested them for stripping waxoyl. Face it, the white is cheap French plonk in a bottle with some means (stopper) of keeping it in there.  The bottle is green the lable is whitish and it purports to be some sort of Sauvignon blanc. Probably takes the ename off your teeth and unblocks drains... and yes, I am having a bad day!!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Struth Chris, I just provide the info, whether its got a screw cap, cork or plastic stopper, decide for yourself

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/online-leaflets/17-10-23-10-lidl-weekly-1/view/flyer/page/24?ar=7

As for what it tastes like...!!??

Screw top. Which means bottled for the export market. We keep the best stuff here for us 😁

Anyway my doctor recommends I keep off some white wines, which is good as I prefer red. I 've never asked him about red wine and being a good doctor he hasn't raised the point either.

If it isn't very good just drink more, after the second bottle it will taste great!

• Like 2

Hi

Anyone else noticed the way the Aldi 20V tools are being marketed?. EG; Sabre type saw = Circa, £22. BUT it needs a Battery £15?. and a charger £15+. Therefore it really costs somewhere in the region of £55 to £60!, before you can actually use it. I do accept that the same battery CAN be used on other tools in the range however. Having said that, I have the Air Saw, and that has seen a fair bit of use. along with the DA/Orbital sander. And the pillar drill @ just over £50 was a definite "Best Buy" of 2015!. Along with a similarly priced Petrol Chain Saw. Which is a boon when needing to cut feed for my log burner.

They are all going the same way Pete, even the like of Bosch and De Walt. On the plus side you only need one charger and a couple of batteries, not so long ago you would have a bench full of chargers and batteries. On the down side you are stuck to one make.

Tony.

On 27/09/2019 at 14:05, Colin Lindsay said:

And the verdict on the outdoor waterproof covers is: RUBBISH.

The GT6 is soaking. 24 hours out, heavy rain last night, and it's just gone straight through. Use them as an indoor dust cover only.

I had a Lidl motorcycle cover once. Bike got soaked. The bike now has a shed and the cover is over the lawn mower, the spare one that I don't use!

Mower and cover need to go to the tip.

Nigel

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

On car covers, there's a thread on this over on the TRR: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/71025-car-cover/&tab=comments#comment-644856   Consensus is that loose car covers. however waterproof, trap moisture and water vapour on the body work and are worse than leaving the car in the open.

On Lidl, happened on one near to No.1 Daughter's, had  a look inside.      None of the tools etc on ofer attracted me, but a pair of rigger's boots at £20 did!     V.comfy, wore them that night to fireworks -  and left the muddy things at her dorstep when I came home!  Doh!    Never mind they're visiting today, she won't forget.

John