LIDL/ALDI TOOLS

Badwolf

17 hours ago, Dick Twitchen said:

Latest Aldi Catalogue showing a battery charger, also with a trickle charge function, on sale in store from this Thursday (11 Feb).

https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/804759437763000?utm_source=digital_leaflet&utm_medium=leaflet&utm_campaign=gb_wk6_2021&utm_content=p28

I have two of those. They are excellent.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread due to the tools on offer at Lidl, March 2021. I have used many of them and can recommend (for whatever that's worth).

Very pleased with the 20v battery tools when they come up. I have a selection of drills, tyre inflator, jigsaw, pruning saw (don't ask) along with some of their 12v range. Not for the pro mechanic but they tend break when you drop them whatever the brand.

Whether cheap or expensive when you lose them, well they’ve gone.  Ok, so some of the spanners are not the best steel but idea for the odd job or making that 'special tool'.

1 hour ago, Iain T said:

Good to know, I'm looking for a 20v drill etc as I have no mains power where I park the Vitesse. 

Iain 

Lidl have a 20v impact wrench coming up next week. Looks just like the range of drills. All their 20v range take the same battery which is available in 2Ah or 4Ah capacities. Watch out though, some of the ranges are supplied without a battery or charger, assuming that you already have several and don't want to keep buying new units. Some say that they don't like this practice, I do like it as I already have half a dozen of 2Ah or 4Ah and two chargers so don't really need any more at the moment. Having said that I don't really need any more tools at the moment but what the h*ll!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

What's the price? I've got a good air wrench but the compressor makes a lot of racket and disturbs the peace... so could be talked into one.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/car-care/ultimate-speed-20v-cordless-vehicle-impact-wrench/p41262

I’d love one of those but sadly, infrequent use leads to ruined batteries.  I have to buy everything mains power.

1 hour ago, rulloyd said:

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/car-care/ultimate-speed-20v-cordless-vehicle-impact-wrench/p41262

I’d love one of those but sadly, infrequent use leads to ruined batteries.  I have to buy everything mains power.

That's why I like the entire 20v range. I have several tools that I infrequently use so just take the battery off one of the drills or out of the trickle charger. I always have one somewhere or on something that I can use on the tyre blower upper, inflatoriser, tree pruner destructoriser or the jigsaw/finger shortener. I'm sure that there is something else as well. The tyre inflator is brilliant. Set the pressure needed, attach to tyre, set it going and it switches off at the required pressure. Not on commission and don't work there, but with the higher end ages of the forum members all labour saving items at a decent price are welcome. Just having coffee before I get out the heavy duty hammer action 20v drill (that's the othe bit of kit), to repair the shed door frame.

31 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

That's why I like the entire 20v range. I have several tools that I infrequently use so just take the battery off one of the drills or out of the trickle charger. I always have one somewhere or on something that I can use on the tyre blower upper, inflatoriser, tree pruner destructoriser or the jigsaw/finger shortener. I'm sure that there is something else as well. The tyre inflator is brilliant. Set the pressure needed, attach to tyre, set it going and it switches off at the required pressure. Not on commission and don't work there, but with the higher end ages of the forum members all labour saving items at a decent price are welcome. Just having coffee before I get out the heavy duty hammer action 20v drill (that's the othe bit of kit), to repair the shed door frame.

Good point.  Are the batteries compatible with Aldi tools?  Or is that too much to ask!!

I have a cordless screwdriver, that I use as both a nut driver and a drill - although you need special drills with a hex back end on them.      I lost it!   Could not find it and was looking at the Ferrex sold by Aldi, with various 'attachments' as well: https://www.aldi.co.uk/ferrex-4-in-1-cordless-screwdriver/p/803598435398600

And then the Bosch device turned up!    The Garage Goblins had finished with it.  No excuse to buy another now!

37 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I checked out the digital calipers during the week; same as the ones I binned only with their logo on them. Mine went haywire and were telling me that a 3/8 bolt was over a foot wide.

You should have kept it for going fishing with.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Here we go. Great selection of 20v battery tools at Lidl next week

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/online-leaflets/26-08-01-09-lidl-weekly-1/view/flyer/page/20?ar=7

If you missed it last week, there may be some left in some stores, the Parkside wet/dry vacuum was on. I got one last year to use with my Makita sander. You plug the sander/ drill/ what ever into the vacuum socket attach a hose and when you turn on the tool the vac switches on automatically. It's brilliant

Half way down page..

https://forum.tssc.org.uk/topic/2623-another-tale-of-woe-but-things-might-be-improving-nose-to-tail-1972-spitfire-mkiv-restoration-upgrades/page/42/

On the subject of Lidl tools, my 20v multi purpose Parkside/lidl tool died last week, one day before the end of the three year guarantee. Reported it to Lidl customer services, filled in all the details etc and left it. Two hours later, I got a phone call direct from the suppliers in Germany. They will send out a new one, scrap the old one...not worth sending back. Sorry but we can't get the replacement in the post to you 'til tomorrow morning we are just closing for the day. We are 1 hour ahead of you. WHAT!!! WHAT!!!  Service is still around, thankfully. Shame Mathew's compressor (see separate thread - SGS) wasn't dealt with like this.

• Like 2

German service used to be an oxymoron....

Actually I have had better service from "discounters" than better known names....

There was a report on German TV a few years back where they traced where "German" strawberries were coming from. Turns out quite a few were coming from the Czech Republic and Poland. They told all the major brands about this and showed them proof and only Aldi responded, apologized, thanked, pulled the products and relabeled them as "EU strawberries", and broke off all ties with those suppliers.

All the other brands remained silent...

I helped train Aldi mgmt to open up stores in the USA and they were by and far all very competent and genuinely nice individuals!