LIDL/ALDI TOOLS

Badwolf

Lidle parkside batteries are interchangeable. I have the impact driver and the impact wrench both great value. My impact wrench (400n) undid my crank nut on the Spit 1500 no problem, although I did heat the nut up with a blow torch first. 

Danny

9 hours ago, dannyb said:

Lidle parkside batteries are interchangeable. I have the impact driver and the impact wrench both great value. My impact wrench (400n) undid my crank nut on the Spit 1500 no problem, although I did heat the nut up with a blow torch first. 

Danny

Danny - Sorry but I need to clarify, are you saying that Parkside (Lidl) batteries are interchangeable with Ferrex (Aldi) tools or just interchangeable with other Parkside 20v tools? If they are interchangeable with the Aldi range, guess where I'm off to tomorrow!!

4 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Danny - Sorry but I need to clarify, are you saying that Parkside (Lidl) batteries are interchangeable with Ferrex (Aldi) tools or just interchangeable with other Parkside 20v tools? If they are interchangeable with the Aldi range, guess where I'm off to tomorrow!!

Badwolf. 

the Ferrex and Parkside battery's are not interchangeable however someone has already mocked up an adapter that can be downloaded for free and 3d printed, and with a few terminals and a couple of wires it can be made and then you can use both tools with the same battery.

If you do not have access to a 3d printer there are companies that should be able to print it for a few quid. Both the Ferrex and Parkside batteries don't have any of the overcharge protection circuitry built in so adapters are not a problem to use.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

it certainly saved having to pump up the big compressor to top up four Herald tyres.

When I needed to go out Wednesday morning, one of the Mondeo's tyres was flat. The time to run up the big compressor and inflate it off that was shorter than one of those battery tyre pumps would have taken to displace that much air. Mind you, it's a Mondeo so the air in one tyre is worth about three on a Herald.

4 minutes ago, NonMember said:

When I needed to go out Wednesday morning, one of the Mondeo's tyres was flat. The time to run up the big compressor and inflate it off that was shorter than one of those battery tyre pumps would have taken to displace that much air. Mind you, it's a Mondeo so the air in one tyre is worth about three on a Herald.

Don`t know, but a guy on one of the Motorhome Websites has one, he bought last year, and reckons it will do Motorhome tyres OK?. If that`s anything to go by Mine are R235/65 R16`s?

Pete

3 hours ago, PeteH said:

Don`t know, but a guy on one of the Motorhome Websites has one, he bought last year, and reckons it will do Motorhome tyres OK?. If that`s anything to go by Mine are R235/65 R16`s?

Pete

If it's like the three I've had then yes, it will inflate a tyre that size (roughly similar to my Mondeo's) but from quite flat will take long enough to make a pot of tea and drink it. My big compressor, on the other hand, I can turn on, walk back to the garage door, plug in the tyre inflator and hose, put it on the tyre, ppfffffffssssssssshhhhht, put it all away and turn off the compressor (before it's even reached full operating pressure!) and drive off.

3 hours ago, NonMember said:

If it's like the three I've had then yes, it will inflate a tyre that size (roughly similar to my Mondeo's) but from quite flat will take long enough to make a pot of tea and drink it. My big compressor, on the other hand, I can turn on, walk back to the garage door, plug in the tyre inflator and hose, put it on the tyre, ppfffffffssssssssshhhhht, put it all away and turn off the compressor (before it's even reached full operating pressure!) and drive off.

AS said, My "go to" is always the "shop" compressor too even if I have to attach several extensions to get there. But when your on site it`s not always convenient. (unless I have a bloody long hose?😁) That`s when a decent portable comes into it`s own, even a crap one can get you out of "bovver". ie enough air in a tyre to get you off the main road. My (older Fiat) one is capable of putting air in 16" truck tyres, so is the "Ring" one, (pressy from the grand-kids), albeit much slower.

Pete

Got the Lidl tyre inflator complete with a separate unit for inflatables (don't even think it??!!) about a year ago. Both run off their 20v batteries. Brilliant units, just keep them in my drill drawer so always handy. Blows up a tyre from flat in about 3 minutes. Set the pressure wanted, attach to tyre , switch on, load car, turns itself off at the preset pressure, disconnect, dust cap on, drive away. Dead easy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2021 at 15:19, PeteH said:

AS said, My "go to" is always the "shop" compressor too even if I have to attach several extensions to get there. But when your on site it`s not always convenient. (unless I have a bloody long hose?😁) That`s when a decent portable comes into it`s own, even a crap one can get you out of "bovver". ie enough air in a tyre to get you off the main road. My (older Fiat) one is capable of putting air in 16" truck tyres, so is the "Ring" one, (pressy from the grand-kids), albeit much slower.

Pete

I've still got my old shop compressor, but it's stowed away at the moment. I've been using a suitcase type for home jobs, which is very useful for smaller stuff. One thing I would suggest, is to use a foot switch with it. That way, doing small jobs, such as an air nailer is far easier than having to reach over to switch it off & on.

On 20/11/2021 at 09:28, 68vitesse said:

Bought the Lidl mains garden vac/blower recently, thirty pounds, three year warranty and ten metre cable, works very well but ended up putting my ear defenders on.

Regards

Paul.

Paul - Watch out for sucking up gravel and other small stones. Comes out like shrapnel. I have several small holes in the collection bag because of them. Didn't work too well to start off with. Then I read the instructions and turned up the power with the thumbwheel!!

• 4 weeks later...