Home-made Tools and those you've adapted or modified. And also "tips and tricks".

Bfg

Lifting turf this morning for new bed cut the first row up with a spade, to much like hard work. Have a Parkside mains multi tool can't say it's any quicker but a lot easier on the arms, sunny here about nineteen degrees so picked a "good" day for it.

Regards

Paul

IMG_20200407_114820.jpg

3 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

Lifting turf this morning for new bed cut the first row up with a spade, to much like hard work. Have a Parkside mains multi tool can't say it's any quicker but a lot easier on the arms, sunny here about nineteen degrees so picked a "good" day for it.

Regards

Paul

IMG_20200407_114820.jpg

Are you having "turf" wars down there Paul?  :) 

Tony. 

Not exactly a tool but bloody handy just the same.

I printed off the torque settings pages for my Vitesse then laminated them so I have one sheet with printed info on both sides encased in plastic.

I can wipe it down, I am only dealing with one sheet of paper and it saves the manual getting a thrashing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ahebron said:

Not exactly a tool but bloody handy just the same.

I printed off the torque settings pages for my Vitesse then laminated them so I have one sheet with printed info on both sides encased in plastic.

It is! One of the benefits of being married to a teacher - access to an excellent colour printer and laminator. I have torque settings and wiring diagrams laminated and blu-tacked to the walls for easy reference. I also have two Haynes manuals for the Heralds; one lives on the shelf in the study and the other is a loose collection of grubby pages that lives in the garage.

14 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

It is! One of the benefits of being married to a teacher - access to an excellent colour printer and laminator. I have torque settings and wiring diagrams laminated and blu-tacked to the walls for easy reference. I also have two Haynes manuals for the Heralds; one lives on the shelf in the study and the other is a loose collection of grubby pages that lives in the garage.

Dont want to brag but I have two copies of the genuine factory manual for the Vitesse 6, Herald and Spifire. No bugger it I will brag, its friday

1 hour ago, ahebron said:

Dont want to brag but I have two copies of the genuine factory manual for the Vitesse 6, Herald and Spifire. No bugger it I will brag, its friday

If only me knees were up to it I'd kneel at your feet. If I didn't have one of the heavy white hard-back versions and one of the soft-back green versions myself.

Furthermore Stirling Moss once walked down a street about 100 miles from where I bought it, so it's got Provenance... beat that!

• Haha 1

Feeling deprived do I need a councillor, as only have one copy of the Black loose leaf WSM for Vitesse6 etc. but do have a selection of John Kipping, John Hill's, TRGB and Rimmers parts catalogues plus Haynes and modern reprints of WSM.

As to useful tools have some dental picks very useful for getting sealing rings, Vitesse filter  housing seal for example, out of recess.

Regards

Paul

45 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

Feeling deprived do I need a councillor, as only have one copy of the Black loose leaf WSM for Vitesse6 etc. but do have a selection of John Kipping, John Hill's, TRGB and Rimmers parts catalogues plus Haynes and modern reprints of WSM.

As to useful tools have some dental picks very useful for getting sealing rings, Vitesse filter  housing seal for example, out of recess.

Regards

Paul

John Kippings = lots of points. You could be up there with the best, yet!

If you have dental picks for your car, can you send them back to my dentist and she can return the angle grinder, seal puller and cold chisel that she regularly uses, back to someone's garage?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

If only me knees were up to it I'd kneel at your feet. If I didn't have one of the heavy white hard-back versions and one of the soft-back green versions myself.

Furthermore Stirling Moss once walked down a street about 100 miles from where I bought it, so it's got Provenance... beat that!

Somewhere in a box I have a set of Herald film strips, some 45's.

They must be worth a star from teacher?

I must dig them out and scan the film strips

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1