Map light bulb

Chris Bracey

Hi,

and now rust-free. I did take the bulb out to check; it is blown. Wanted to show a picture of the Ba9s.
It is a tight fit umberlumba or whatever & can not remove without resorting to tools.

Only have mine as a curiosity.

Cheers,

Iain.

PS. If I did ever fit it, it would be with a red LED bulb. I use a GPS when lost.

IMG_2342[1].JPG

Edited by Spitfire6
PS
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Spitfire6 said:

Hi,

mine is the concentrated stuff. 5 Liters feels about 8+ Kgs. Maybe 85%+ before diluted.

Great stuff to have if you understand what it can do to your eyes and skin. Safer than caustic soda or Sulphuric acid IMHO concerning danger.

Cheers,

Iain.

Sounds like the stuff I got off eBay. Very syrupy. I dilute it about 5:1 but still stronger than the commercial rust converters like jenolite.

Always add acid to water (not the other way round) and yes sulphuric acid is particularly nasty especially to eyes as it sucks water out while the acid works. And caustic soda is positively evil. Good eye protection is essential. Eyes are hard to fix...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

If anybody wants this OEM map reading light & will keep/use it; Send me a small self-addressed box and it yours. Or pick it up from BB12

The OEM bulb is deceased. I will find & fit an LED bulb as lumens need to be low in any case.

There is some rust pitting to chrome that is not shown but can be posted here.

It seems a shame to bin it.

Cheers,

Iain.

• Like 1