Hi level led brake light

Paul H

I have a Ring Automotive HI brake light to fit to my other classic.

Model number RL087 or RL097.

It has 27x LED lights and has a pair of self adhesive feet which hold very well from what I have heard and not easy to reposition !! The angle of the light unit can be adjusted.

Think it was under £30 and I purchased it on the recommendation of someone who is currently using one these and very happy with it.

Regards.

Richard. 

My flexible led bar arrived from China last week and it looked to be much better than I had any right to expect for less that £2.50 including delivery (link in my previous post) It is the same type that Paul has fitted so neatly to his Herald but I decided to wire in the brake light only.  The bar comes with a self adhesive strip on the back but that was no use for my situation where I need to fit it to the inside of the flexible window of the soft top on my Spitfire. To avoid putting strain on the Vybak window material, the mounting of the led bar had to be flexible as well and I used some black closed cell foam, that came with the packaging of something, to make a frame round the led strip. I glued this to the window and covered the back of the assembly with some black rubber that may have been an off-cut of pond liner. I hope that makes sense. I ran the wire down the inside of the soft top and fitted a male 'phono' plug on the end. This plugs into a female trailing socket, that is wired into the brake light circuit, so that it can all be unplugged when I take the soft top off (Mk1 and Mk2 Spitfires don't have folding hoods, the hood and frame detach and get stowed) and the trailing socket can be hidden behind the tank cover panel with the folded hood.

hlbl1.jpg.f6bc0b2082132eba5be6d0c83cdb84ae.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, ahebron said:

I have an idea of fitting the high stop into the stainless steel trim across the back of the Vitesse/Herald roof.
I have a few spares of that trim to work with.
Need to give it a bit more thought but hope it will work.

Adrian

That's an interesting idea Adrian, but I think my concern would be about creating water leaks. More of an issue here with the UK weather obviously!!

Ian 

Hi Ian

My plan if it ever happens is to run cables behind the stainless trim across the back of the roof and hopefully down to the rear deck. If not that way then into the roof space sealing the hole around the cable and run it down the inside of the left rear pillar like the interior light cable on the Vitesse. As the car is still a work in progress now is the best time to do this.

Adrian