HT Leads

watsona6

33 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

I have some of their £26 “modern but looks like the original”, they work fine.

I think that is what I picked up from the club stand at the NEC last year, Doug - as you say work fine and never had an issue. The plug leads are also numbered which is useful.

Regards.

Richard.

14 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

I do wonder why a 6 cylinder set is £26 and 4 cylinder £24. One is overpriced or one underpriced? 😡

Doug

The 6 cylinder set is underpriced because the owners of 6's deserve our sympathy as they don't have the good taste to own a 4 cylinder Triumph.

Oops, I had better hide 😜

We 6-cylinder owners are more canny with figures as we have to remember a six figure firing order, not just a four. 

Ignition leads are the same as audio / hi-fi leads;  all this talk about gold connectors and pure copper wiring etc is lost on most music systems - exactly the same with car engines. Once you go over a certain standard, you're just wasting money.

I read that Ethernet cable makes excellent hi fi cable and having a spare drum (don’t ask!) I made some up. 3 cables platted together, 24 cores. Worked very well, but UGLY looking dangling from the speakers.

Chris,

I know where you live. 😡

Pete,

online shop, Magnacor fast leads, Stag £170!

Doug

2 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

I read that Ethernet cable makes excellent hi fi cable and having a spare drum (don’t ask!) I made some up. 3 cables platted together, 14 cores. Worked very well, but UGLY looking dangling from the speakers.

Never tried that... I bought a cheap phono cable for the recording room earlier in the week, wired it up and it nearly blew my equipment to pieces. 'Cheap' seems to have been the problem.

18 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Colin,

3 x 8  is 24 not 14.  Tiny buttons on a tiny screen and impaired vision.☹️

Db

Never noticed, Doug old mate. Specsavers combined with lack of coffee most likely. I probably assumed they were 14 cores each... :)

I was connecting up an LP player, so there's not many of us about that use that kind of technology any more, or even buy LPs.

I have a loft full of LPs, well a couple of hundred, my daughters bought me a cheap and cheerful player and fun going through them.

I’ve still got my dad’s Pioneer deck, very expensive, but sadly something wrong with the electronics, I suspect ancient capacitors.

Doug