Hello from new member

Hello all, ive just joined as ive recently bought a 64 spitfire to restore for my wife, i dont know much about spitfires especially early ones so will appreciate any info, im sure il need lots of help/advice/tips/partsin the future.

One of my issues is that its not on dvla’s system due to being off road at point of rf60/v5 change, is this club approved by dvla to confirm age indentity of my car ?

Thanks in advance for any info

Paul

3 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

yes there is a scheme   forms are held at HQ  , you need a club officer (AO) if they are able to visit or you to them to go through the short questionair to prove the car is the car  

you need to make contact with  https://www.tssc.org.uk/tssc/areas_final.asp?area_ID=20&area=Midland, Shropshire

Pete

Thanks

Ive got to  say welcome Paul   working out the drift and odd humour on here takes a while to get the heads up on where 

Some of it all comes from .   Most of us are involved or...... still trying to work it out 

Let us know how you  get on ,  ive done a few v5 verifications but im too far away  even with a  bacon buttie as a carrot 

Its a simple check of matching car data with the registered data if you jave the correct COM plate and an engine number its easy

Worth apply to heritage for a certificate makes the task easier  before you proceed

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/archive/heritage-certificates

Pete

Welcome Paul - don't worry about the Spitfire not being on records, it's very easy to put right - I've done it twice in the last few months for members who have bought Heralds and it's only a matter of form filling. I also supplied photos to prove the car was complete and had a V5 back within a short time.

It looks like i mat be ok, i rang dvla and they said although its not active its on the dormant system, all i have to do is apply for v5 with v62 and it will reactivate on their system and theyl issue v5

thanks for the info though

11 hours ago, Pjb1969 said:

It looks like i mat be ok, i rang dvla and they said although its not active its on the dormant system, all i have to do is apply for v5 with v62 and it will reactivate on their system and theyl issue v5

thanks for the info though

Sounds good.  Welcome to Triumph ownership Paul !

Nick