Flu Jab fiasco

Qu1ckn1ck

Sitting waiting in the very busy surgery this morning, having booked a flu jab for 11.04, when %&^*&$%^ all the power goes off at 11.00. Consternation as doctors and nurses erupt from every corner and give contradictory advice. Apparently no one has a shilling for the meter so the power cut continues. Doctor suggests those waiting for flu jabs can be jabbed and recorded manually. Formidable nurse says "No way, opening the vaccine fridge to take out individual doses risks our entire stock of vaccines being spoilt if the temperature rises" Doctor capitulates so we are all sent away unjabbed.

... and we haven't even had the election yet!

Yup, me to, down the chemist.

Last time I went to the surgery "Roll up your left sleeve and stand in the queue"

I'm left handed, I have injections in the right arm. Got to the front of the queue "No, left arm please!"

"No, right arm thank you" 

Nurse Ratched clicks her tongue and says "You'll have to sign a disclaimer"  :blink: 

They had to print it off the system!!

Doug

Us old folk in France get to have it done free, they even post you the prescription. Had mine done last week at a local pharmacy, took just a few minutes from start to finish. I missed out last year as I 'filed' the form and forgot about it. This year I went the day after getting the form, trouble was the campaign didn't start until the following week 😵

20 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Us old folk in France get to have it done free, they even post you the prescription. Had mine done last week at a local pharmacy, took just a few minutes from start to finish. I missed out last year as I 'filed' the form and forgot about it. This year I went the day after getting the form, trouble was the campaign didn't start until the following week 😵

Us geriatric pensioners can get it free either at our surgery or at a pharmacy.  Not normally any problem at either location so long as the lecky juice is flowing .... 

Same as Doug, left handed, jab right arm please... no problem at all, no forms, no disclaimer. Lady BW did not get a call when I did. Asked if it was an annual thing and explained. Get her to call in... she's in the waiting room..... bring her in.... jab.... off we go, two for the price of one... excellent. Two days later, I was soooooo ill. Probably just coincidence, but maybe I shouldn't have bothered!!

I am the same Badwolf, i have had the jab three times in past years and each time hospitalised :(  They say "it cant be the jab" but my Mother has the same reaction, so a few years ago we both stopped having it, and no problems since.  My mother will be 93 next birthday :) 

Tony.

back in 1968 the Co  ( just owned by chrysler)  had a  free  flu jab for all  employee's  so come on lads off we go , and there followed 5 years of colds sniffs and coughs , everyone was ailing   took years to beat the blasted thing into submission.   never got the Flu   just got  everything else , to the point i have refused jabs ever since till last year 

the current   LEFT arm jab has no effects not even a stiff arm , so some things have improved 

Pete

Returning to flu, the vaccine IS working!

Here is a graph of calls to GPs in the UK in the winters of 2017-18  and 2018-19.     Last winter there was much less flu!

image.png.44504cb115eeb00199e58346bb743e2f.png

Of course, they have to try and predict which strain of flu will be the one the next winter, but they got it right last year.  Fingers crossed!

John